**WSU @ Loyola - Chicago Official Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
    At least the 'Horns are a big draw in their conference. It makes some limited sense that their gravitational pull is stronger than the rest. How much money are the Ill schools gonna kick into the till? It's pretty apparent to me that the league knows that WSU is on an island without a boat. How many thank yous have you heard from the rest of the Valley for the checks from last year? This year won't be any different. We are the only draw in this league and Loyola only gets a mention in the media because they get to play the Shocks twice. Otherwise, nobody even knows they are still around. WSU can't get out of this crap league soon enough for me. Where's my boat?
    +1. From a monetary standpoint, WSU is the Texas of the MVC. We both spend more money than anyone in the conference and bring more money into the conference than any other team. You can agree or disagree about whether it is a good idea for the breadwinner of the conference to have extra control, but at least there is a certain logic to it. You get why the B12 would want to cater to Texas with all the money that is brought it. What makes no sense is the MVC being in active opposition to giving even equal influence to its breadwinner.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Bruce Heartl also mentioned that on Sports Daily this morning. Said it look like Ron charmed them and they were patting him on the back and apparently wishing him luck when he headed off the court.
      I wouldn't say they were patting him on the back. I think they were being nice and listening to what he had to say and then afterward they all looked at each other And laughed like "that was weird...did that just happen?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Cotton just missed another #SCTop10
        Late on responding to this, but boy I wish TC had gotten his timing right on that lob. It would definitely have been another SCTop10-Holy-Jeebus dunk for the Tekelerator.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Hmmmm. Just kickin' back and thinking ... I wonder when the last time a Shocker had perfect shooting and free throw shooting when scoring 20+ points? Maybe it's not as rare as I am thinking it is, but I got a feeling it's been a while.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            Hmmmm. Just kickin' back and thinking ... I wonder when the last time a Shocker had perfect shooting and free throw shooting when scoring 20+ points? Maybe it's not as rare as I am thinking it is, but I got a feeling it's been a while.
            MK mentioned Jaime Thompson. I don't remember if he said which game.
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
              MK mentioned Jaime Thompson. I don't remember if he said which game.
              I recall Lanny Van Eman being a great shooter and I thought Mike mentioned one of his games also... I can't seem to locate the individualgame records; maybe a good question for a pre-game show.

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• stole this off mvcfans, but here a must see video of the white guy off the loyola bench
                I do not own the rights to the music in this video. No copyright intended.
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  I am thinkin the Illinois schools run this conference the way the Longhorns run the Big 12.
                  USED to run the Big 12...I think Texas has been humbled a bit by the defections being 100% their fault.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                    stole this off mvcfans, but here a must see video of the white guy off the loyola bench
                    http://vimeo.com/85068018
                    Oh wow! That's great!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                      I didn't read all the way through this thread but didn't see this mentioned. If it has been, so be it because it needs to be said again. Bruce H mentioned in the pregame that Cle only needed 18 points to reach his 1,000th point at WSU. Cle had 18 points in last night's game. And he has done this in less than two full seasons at WSU. Just wondering what his total might have been like if we had had him for four full seasons with a redshirt season to start with.
                      I don't think we go 1 and done with Sophomore Cle and I don't think we take the bad losses with Freshman Cle that sent us to the NIT.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                        I don't think we go 1 and done with Sophomore Cle and I don't think we take the bad losses with Freshman Cle that sent us to the NIT.
                        This is a great question that I'm not sure has been discussed (if it has, I apologize.) We win the NIT in 2011, would you take that over a NCAA birth that year, knowing there are no guarantees and we could be one and done in the NCAA tourney or possible better. Do you take the sure thing at a lower level or the possibility of tearing it up in CBB's biggest stage?
                        I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                        If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• there are never guarantees, but you take the NCAA over the NIT every time, even if guaranteed an NIT championship. It was fun, it was a great experience and it was one to check off the bucket list, but the NCAA is all that really counts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            there are never guarantees, but you take the NCAA over the NIT every time, even if guaranteed an NIT championship. It was fun, it was a great experience and it was one to check off the bucket list, but the NCAA is all that really counts.
                            That would also extend our NCAA tournament streak to 4 years in a row this year instead of three, and 5 out of the last 9 years. That does sound better!
                            I just want to stand on land...

@rjl:
                            If I had a gun with two bullets and was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and a Creighton fan, I think I'd shoot the Creighton fan twice.

Comment

• What does the sign "Baker Wears Cargos" mean? Is this meant to be funny or informative? I saw it in the Drake student section, too.

Comment

• Cargo shorts are for losers according to the fashionistas.
                                One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Working...
                                X