• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kochHead View Post
    G
    Besides that one.

There's one in every crowd.

Comment

I think we play more match-up and extended zone. EU doesn't shoot many 3's but they shoot pretty well. Hopefully this will keep Ballentine from curling off a ton of screens if we zone them.

We win by 10

Comment

Honestly, the way he curls around those screens, I almost think it is better to go under the screen or switch...

(Stay man)
        “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
        -Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Comment

Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
          I think we play more match-up and extended zone. EU doesn't shoot many 3's but they shoot pretty well. Hopefully this will keep Ballentine from curling off a ton of screens if we zone them.

We win by 10

Evansville didn't seem to have much, if any, trouble with Illinois State's zone. I believe I read where ILS switched to a man in making their big comeback from 25 down in the 2nd half before losing in OT.

What I thought bothered Balentine some in our 1st meeting in Koch Arena was when we put some size (Wessel and Wiggins) on him. It will be interesting to see if we get more of that matchup from 3G.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Any pregame spots worth hitting?
            There are a few bars right around the arena. Go early, find decent parking and have a beer before the game. Likely to be as many shocker fans in the bars as locals.

Comment

I think we come out super-charged. I agree we needed the 5-day break after last weeks road grind. I think the stress of being 26-0 does take a toll but we are handling it as well as can be, considering they have to listen to the nay-sayers in the background, school back in swing and the Febuary blues. But I think with this special team I see us taking it 74-58.

Comment

The chart below tells the story of the reason I am always apprehensive, when we play Evansville.

I did not choose the five year plus history for any reason other than convenience and a touch of brevity.

I am not sure of the reason that the basketball goddess wants close games.

My fact checker was on vacation. I have corrected two errors.

Last edited by Ricardo del Rio; February 15, 2014, 11:11 AM.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Please basketball gods, don't let us get Evansvilled by ... well ... Evansville.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Too many interviews, PR distractions, etc. this week have me worried about distraction.
                    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                      The chart below tells the story of the reason I am always apprehensive, when we play Evansville.

I did not choose the five year plus history for any reason other than convenience and a touch of brevity.

I am not sure of the reason that the basketball goddess wants close games.

We beat Evansville in 08-09 with a Toure Murry game winning three.

Comment

I agree, Ricky -- this is a dangerous game, although it's certainly one the Shocks should win if they play the way they can. The relatively long break should be a big help.

Mainly, I just hope the Shocks just come out focused instead of needing 10+ minutes to wake up as they did here. All the national publicity concerns me some, not so much because of the pressure -- they can handle that; as FVV said, this isn't pressure, this is fun -- as because of the distraction. Every minute spent talking to reporters is a minute not spent on getting better as players and a team, or on preparing for the next opponent.

Who knows what theme Marshall and Co. will come up with, but to me this is the "no-hitter game." The Shocks have pitched their way into the ninth and now there are two out and the opponents have yet to get a hit. Missouri State really smacked one a few innings ago, but a great defensive play kept the no-no going; now Evansville is at the plate. Can the Shocks get the final out?

Comment

one Big hurdle for us tomorrow Balentine but we got this.

"Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

Shocks 77
                            Evansville 70

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                              3 game-winning 3's in one season by a freshman. Good times. Wonder if that kid will get a cup of tea in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                                Two errors corrected. See chart above.

Thanks for your put.
                                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                                X