No announcement yet.

Baylor fans want HCGM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only Texas job that concerns me is the one in Austin. I could see Coach Marshall taking that job.
    I am really hoping that Rick Barnes can coach them up into the tourney and save his job.

Comment

Originally posted by BioShock View Post
      Why do I keep seeing fans of other schools refer to Marshall as an arrogant *****? Did I miss an interview somewhere that he came across as arrogant or prickish?

Edit: and why did "p r i c k" just get censored? And not "prickish"?
      I love the guy and I think he comes off as an arrogant prik.

Comment

Originally posted by WeWillShockU View Post
        The only Texas job that concerns me is the one in Austin. I could see Coach Marshall taking that job.
        I am really hoping that Rick Barnes can coach them up into the tourney and save his job.
        THIS

Comment

Football will always be the undisputed king there. Hard sell for me to think HCGM wants to be a distant second fiddle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
            Football will always be the undisputed king there. Hard sell for me to think HCGM wants to be a distant second fiddle.
            That could pay a ton of money and he would own the recruiting in Texas. I'm sure that the fan base would go crazy with a team that would beat KU in basketball year in and year out.

Comment

That could pay a ton of money and he would own the recruiting in Texas. I'm sure that the fan base would go crazy with a team that would beat KU in basketball year in and year out.
              KU wouldn't play Baylor.
              Phi Alpha

Comment

So who can WSU recruit when HCGM goes to Baylor?
                Phi Alpha

Comment

Yep.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                    I peed myself laughing. There is no way in hell HCGM goes to Baylor.
                    Even Baylor's own Phil Savage is having a good old belly laugh!

Comment

WSU guy here. Just so you know, getting HCGM to Baylor without almost doubling Drews contract is a pipe dream.

Drew's contract base is $1.76 million.
                      Marshall's base is $1.75 million.
                      In the foreseeable future Marshall will:
                      Win the conference every year
                      Win 25+ games every year
                      Make the Dance every year
                      Has a shot of deep runs for at least 2 more years after this (Baker and Van Vleet are sophomores)
                      Has a decent shot at NCOY as well as MVCCOY for the next couple years

The incentives for that alone are $1,500,000+

He would probably not have as good of a chance as KU to win the conference every year, although it would be close.

Do you like our revamped locker rooms? Like our new scoreboard, ribbon board, and sound system?

It's good to be king, and Marshall has no football program to compete with. He is the big show. He is the big man on campus (not Mangino big, mind you. More like Snyder big). He has his own private jet at his disposal to fly anywhere he wants. He won't be on the hot seat for a long long long time. I could see another 7 years, maybe 10 at WSU.

It would take no less than $3 million to pry him away from WSU.
                      Maybe I'm wrong, but it is food for thought.

Please, BTH outta KU.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

This might of had a chance if Waco was in South Carolina. But since it's not, well, we know the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                          Yep.
                          Yep. Yep. Go Rick Barnes! We love you!

Comment

a little "Wac (k) o" history

these young Baylor fans are all full of piss and vinegar because they are in the mighty Big 12. They may not be aware that when the conference was formed combining teams from the Big 8 and what was left of a burning dung pile known as the Southwest Conference, the Big 8 schools preferred TCU over Baylor. The only reason they got Baylor was because then Texas Governor Ann "Ma" Richards forced things politically using her clout to refuse the new conference what it wanted (Texas and TAMU) unless it took Baylor as well.

Without that conference affiliation Baylor would be on a par with Rice today. Of course Rice and Baylor are both super nice institutions of higher learning. But being in the Big 12 does not make Baylor a destination school.

Comment

I think he already saved his job.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Texas doesn't scare me, tbh

Comment

Working...
                                X