No announcement yet.

**Wichita State @ Northern Iowa Game Thread**

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm glad you noticed this. This is what we see a lot of in Wichita and then we see the passion between the lines. Add in the winning and it is pretty clear why we love him as a coach. (The smart ones like me loved him even in year 0)

Comment

• Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
      I don't know if this has been brought up by any on this board or not but why your still talking about the UNI game I wanted to share some props to your coach Greg2 Marshall.

In front of what was a large and vocal crowd (for us in CF) a 10 year old girl was selected to sing the National Anthem. Marshall stood approx 30 feet in front of her and mouthed every word, just hoping she hit every note. He seemed very, very genuine. As soon as she was done Marshall immediately approached her and shook her hand accompanied by some kind words. I have accused your coach of being hot headed at times but this was a great move that landed your program a ton of respect from me. I already have my tickets for St. Louis (NCAA not Valley) and hope you guys land there. I WILL be wearing and cheering for the Shox for reasons just like this. Good luck the rest of the way out.
      After the national anthem has been sung at Koch Arena, Coach Marshall often goes the singer and shakes his hand. Or her hand.
      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by jegbomb52 View Post
        I don't know if this has been brought up by any on this board or not but why your still talking about the UNI game I wanted to share some props to your coach Greg2 Marshall.

In front of what was a large and vocal crowd (for us in CF) a 10 year old girl was selected to sing the National Anthem. Marshall stood approx 30 feet in front of her and mouthed every word, just hoping she hit every note. He seemed very, very genuine. As soon as she was done Marshall immediately approached her and shook her hand accompanied by some kind words. I have accused your coach of being hot headed at times but this was a great move that landed your program a ton of respect from me. I already have my tickets for St. Louis (NCAA not Valley) and hope you guys land there. I WILL be wearing and cheering for the Shox for reasons just like this. Good luck the rest of the way out.
        Thanks for the post. Marshall and our radio announcer Mike Kennedy (a former voice major at WSU iirc) were singing her praises tonight during the weekly coach's show.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Both Mike and the Coach were very complimentary of her singing and HC3G2L said he was hoping that she would hit every note and was amazed that she hit them all. Both said it was a performance that was great.

Comment

• Without question, Coach Marshall is a Class Act.

Comment

• Thanks for the catch jegbomb.

These are the types of things that never make it to forums such as phognet.net or redturdfan.net.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                HC3G2L
                Indeed! Nice touch, pogo -- I laughed out loud when I saw that reference to the coach. In a proportional spacing font, your abbreviation is now longer than my typing of Marshall (although you still have me on total keystrokes).

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Indeed! Nice touch, pogo -- I laughed out loud when I saw that reference to the coach. In a proportional spacing font, your abbreviation is now longer than my typing of Marshall (although you still have me on total keystrokes).
                  I especially like the fact that this new system of identification allows me to assign these two slightly condescending references:

Gregg Marshall - HC3G2L
                  Greg Lansing - HC2G1L
                  Greg McDermott - HC2G0L

I selectively choose not to include the g in Lansing because its convenient :)

Comment

Working...
                  X