Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxilla View Post
    They are who we thought they was....
    Except now they think they are someone else...
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      You obviously didnt lay the 21 points... :)
      lol
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Cle had a nice game. Cotton had a nice dunk. But Darius Carter absolutely backed that dude down on the 2-handed flush.
        Niiiiice !!!!!
        Maybe that dude didn't want to be a SC Top Ten victim?
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

• The Loyola forum thread on this game was pretty funny. Lots of complaints about hypocrisy from the announcers, and yet a thread filled with the same guy claiming Loyola was simply shooting poorly on their own volition, then by the end of the game crediting Loyola's defense entirely for WSU shooting poorly.

Loyola's defense played pretty decently, but hardly anything we haven't seen before. They did a decent job of crowding our shooters and using effective double-teams.

Somehow I think you don't really want to give this team motivation when they come to town. Loyola would have had a better shot at home if WSU had won by 30 and came in overconfident.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            We took the foot off the gas WAY too early. We shouldn't be playing walk-ons in the first half, pretty much ever. Even if we can get away with it, I think it sent a bad message in this one about the level of effort we needed to show.
            IIRC, JR Simon came in when Ron was hurt so they might have just been trying to keep the rest rotations on track, at least that's what I hope they were trying to do.

Comment

• what happened to baker?
              I saw sullentrop say leg injury but he came back in the 2nd half?

Comment

• GM has himself to blame at least partially for this. Brought the reserves in way too early and took the shooting edge off most of the starters.

Was is with FVV? He hardly ever shoots an open outside shot anymore and he has a nice touch? Very nice number of assists though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  If he wants to play second unit, he needs to mix them in with the starters and not ply them as a group. Especially when theres so much time left
                  EXACTLY!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
                    IIRC, JR Simon came in when Ron was hurt so they might have just been trying to keep the rest rotations on track, at least that's what I hope they were trying to do.
                    Maybe. But it also seemed like we were also playing the second stringers a ton in the first half before Ron got hurt.
                    Originally posted by BleacherReport
                    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      The Loyola forum thread on this game was pretty funny. Lots of complaints about hypocrisy from the announcers, and yet a thread filled with the same guy claiming Loyola was simply shooting poorly on their own volition, then by the end of the game crediting Loyola's defense entirely for WSU shooting poorly.

Loyola's defense played pretty decently, but hardly anything we haven't seen before. They did a decent job of crowding our shooters and using effective double-teams.

Somehow I think you don't really want to give this team motivation when they come to town. Loyola would have had a better shot at home if WSU had won by 30 and came in overconfident.
                      i picked the shockers by single digits anyway.. so i don't care what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                        The game at Loyola will not be easy.

They are long and when they double team we can not pass over them.
                        That's why you drive the ball the second you get it

Poor scouting bears some of the responsibility

Comment

• I love Evan and want him to get on track, but he wouldn't even take a shot against Loyola and it looked to me that when tbe other guys see him wide open, they look for someone else anyway, even if the other guy is not open.

I know guys earn PT with defense and rebounding, but something's got give sooner rather than later.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                            I love Evan and want him to get on track, but he wouldn't even take a shot against Loyola and it looked to me that when tbe other guys see him wide open, they look for someone else anyway, even if the other guy is not open.

I know guys earn PT with defense and rebounding, but something's got give sooner rather than later.
                            At least take it to the hoop, right?
                            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                            - said no one ever...

Comment

• It's nice to come out with a W after a bad game. I really hope this isn't the start of funk with Evansville coming in on Saturday. A bounce-back pounding of the Aces would make a statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                I love Evan and want him to get on track, but he wouldn't even take a shot against Loyola and it looked to me that when tbe other guys see him wide open, they look for someone else anyway, even if the other guy is not open.

right.

but don't forget, wiggins airball was the key that turned the tide back to loyola's favor. wessell and wiggins are underperforming. i'm at a loss for that one.

for the umpteenth time- 'shouldn't have redshirted holland and morris. that will bite us. our depth is not up to the usual marshall standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X