No announcement yet.

#3 Wichita State vs. Loyola Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had an event to attend last night and couldn't watch the game. Looks like I picked a good one to miss.

And some people on here have some serious myopia.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      If the W is all that matters the Shocks would be having a light practice today as initially planned. According to 3G practice will be anything but light today. However, I do agree that our best basketball is ahead of us.
      Good one...made me laugh!

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
        I had an event to attend last night and couldn't watch the game. Looks like I picked a good one to miss.

And some people on here have some serious myopia.

lol..If you HAD watched that game so would you.. Most brutal second half of a game that was never in doubt that I have ever seen. They were not the Shockers. They looked like Hockers.

I know they made a lot of people want to spit...

:~)
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I do agree it's probably better to gradually mix the subs in rather than a wholesale bench clearing - not just with regard to the Shockers last night, but for team sports in general. In basketball, this means subbing in one or two at a time to play with the starters or quasi-starters (eg. Carter.) In this way, you can maintain the pace/rythem of the game while hopefully not disrupting your chemistry. Also, seems to me putting a sub in with the starters gives the sub a greater chance of playing with confidence. The idea is to raise the level of the sub's play up to the highest level of the team, rather than just giving them minutes for minutes sake.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
            lol..If you HAD watched that game so would you.. Most brutal second half of a game that was never in doubt that I have ever seen. They were not the Shockers. They looked like Hockers.

I know they made a lot of people want to spit...

:~)
            I was actually talking about the redshirting "discussion."
            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              Not picking on just you, but I've seen this "scrubs" description used several times before. When a team has only 10 scholarship players, scrubs is the last thing you can afford them to be. Now 13 deep plus a walk-on or 2, that's different. We need Wiggins, Wessel, and Coleby to take on regular minutes and not just "hold the fort", but be an addition on the offensive end as well. That's not the description of a scrub.

We all here are just being arm-chair coaches. Nothing wrong with that....it's a fan board. I do think that @Rlh04d: is right in his assessment that because of the rotations used last night, our starters ended up playing more minutes than needed. However, the starters also got a valuable dose of reality. When momentum changes, even against sub 200 RPI teams, it can be hard to change its direction, even with all the starters back in.

That said, I hoping to see less (or not at all) of Cotton or Baker on the floor without the other if FVV is on the bench. I'm hoping to see Wiggins and Wessel continue to get valuable and sizable minutes, just not at the same time, but with at least 3 of 4 (FVV, Baker, Cotton, Early) on the floor with them. I think all this would help continuity in the team's performance and a better learning situation (and added confidence) for the subs. However, I also agree that sometimes "messages" need to be sent.
              When I say scrubs, I mainly mean JR Simon and Zach Bush. Derail Green maybe, but he's becoming more of a contributed because he's getting better minutes. That's all I meant.

Comment

Working...
              X