#3 Wichita State vs. Loyola Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
    Listening to the Shocker Locker Room Show and I miss the assistant's on the show and poor Ted. How he maintains his sanity putting up with the kooks and drunks is a mystery to me.
    I agree! Bring the assistants back!

Comment

• Rough game all the way around...I thought we were surprisingly bothered by pressure. Cle showed up...everyone else, including Coach, kind of pedestrian effort.

My wife's first game this year...she was disappointed with the atmosphere...' what was there to cheer?' I said...crowd was fine.

Comment

• Im Taking The High Road...

Good solid offense the first half, controled the boards, played good solid D, blocking shots, really making them work for everthing. Second half we start out good get it up to 22. Coach starts trying different combinations thinking were in control(which we were). They didnt keep the momemtum, missed some chip shots, they started playing very aggressive on D, and that group didnt really handle it well. We put the starters in get it back to seventeen....then we hit a wall, lack of concentration, call it what you want, but we missed alot of shots we normally make. We got out of rythem, played the clock down low and weren't getting good shots. All very fixable, and Marshall has alot to keep their attention. But I bet deep down he wishes he wouldnt have done that little lineup experiment. Still we need to remember we played great D, they shoot 48% for the yr, we held them to 34%, and we did kill them on the boards. But I agree I think we will be doing some extra shooting and ball handling drills. When you miss alot of shots you sure can look ugly, but Im going to look at what we did right and have faith we will get the rest worked out, 22-0..

Comment

• booing?Unreal.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            There is no way you can predict that both W's (Wiggins and Wessel) are going to totally tank the year.
            well i sure wouldn't put it in your words. 'don't know where you got that. they're not tanking anything.

you have one guy that changes his form on every shot (wessell)- and you know that's bad news- and you have another guy that is scared of the limelight (wiggins). will that change? you tell me how we should expect anything different.

'shouldn't have redshirted holland and morris.

Comment

• I thought wigs looked good at Drake. I'm not ready to say he has regressed. No #3 on the other hand. I feel for the kid. Nicks air ball sucked though. That was painful.

Comment

• The current Locker Room caller "Carlos" announces his creds vs Ricky Ross to the soundtrack of the Boss's "Glory Days" but then redeems himself by (paraphrasing) "Keep the faith"!

Go Shocks!
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• On another note, Porter Moser looks like Grant Gibbs brother (his younger one).

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    If he wants to play second unit, he needs to mix them in with the starters and not ply them as a group. Especially when theres so much time left
                    I don't understand this either. Also, was anyone else confused when we went big and slow against a fairly small and agile team. What was he thinking?

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      I love Evan and want him to get on track, but he wouldn't even take a shot against Loyola and it looked to me that when tbe other guys see him wide open, they look for someone else anyway, even if the other guy is not open.

I know guys earn PT with defense and rebounding, but something's got give sooner rather than later.
                      5 on 4.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        Not sure how a PF/C would have improved our depth much. We've already got three guys filling that role. That's the one position we do have depth at.

Wasn't Holland ridiculously tiny and underweight? He probably would give better backup minutes than JRS, but enough to burn a year of eligibility?

We lost a player that we thought was going to be a major part of our guard depth to a freak medical condition, and two of the guys who were expected to be major parts of our depth have regressed offensively. And we're 22-0.
                        nope

Comment

• LUC is pretty quick and athletic. The Shockers seemed to play uninspired which if not addressed could result in The Doldrums.

I was glad to see EW get some playing time. Sharks might be circling the water if they think the Shox are becoming tired or bored.
                          Not to take anything away from LUC, but the Shox just didn't seem to have that Killer Instinct.

Anyway, Shox win again and hold a high scoring team to only 45 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                            LUC is pretty quick and athletic. The Shockers seemed to play uninspired which if not addressed could result in The Doldrums.

I was glad to see EW get some playing time. Sharks might be circling the water if they think the Shox are becoming tired or bored.
                            Not to take anything away from LUC, but the Shox just didn't seem to have that Killer Instinct.

Anyway, Shox win again and hold a high scoring team to only 45 points.
                            Speaking of the doldrums, it was this time last year the team hit their three game losing streak. Don't think that didn't cross my mind more than once in the second half tonight.

Comment

• It was an ugly game but I don't get paid to worry about it so I won't. HCGM is smart enough to review this and take the steps that need to be made. It was a win and I expect that they go to Indiana without a blemish. I'm gonna pour me a Pappy, contemplate 22 and 0, and go to bed. I've been rooting for this school since 1963 and I'm not going to let a headscratcher like this dampen my enthusiasm. It's a great time to be a Shocker!
                              One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                                well i sure wouldn't put it in your words. 'don't know where you got that. they're not tanking anything.

you have one guy that changes his form on every shot (wessell)- and you know that's bad news- and you have another guy that is scared of the limelight (wiggins). will that change? you tell me how we should expect anything different.

'shouldn't have redshirted holland and morris.
                                It would be a lost year for both Holland and Morris if they didn't redshirt. Coach Marshall already said on one of the Coach's Show that he's still waiting for them to buy in to playing hard in practice. If they don't play hard in practice, there's no way they'll be playing in an actual game. He also said that Holland needs to get bigger and Morris needs to get smaller.

Comment

Working...
                                X