#4 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang I'm gonna sleep good tonight.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Get ready for more SC highlights on ESPNNews.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Off topic, but Lufile and Carter are quietly turning into a seriously competitive two headed monster.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
          Any stud recruits coming in or too early to know officially yet? Will next year be down a bit or is there some guys capable of filling in? Shocks are definitely a great team, but could be even scarier with a true post player. Lufile seems to be coming along well though. Early was lights out too. Terrible mismatch for most teams.
          oh, btw, left out- THANKS. see 'ya next year.

shox '12-'13 = shox '13-'14 = shox '14-'15

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
            Lots of chatting on ESPN Buzzer Beater.

"Who plays in a better conference, Wichita State or Arizona?"

"Wichita State. Arizona the only ranked team from the PAC-12."
            Huh?

Comment

• I don't know who the hosts were, but that was the back and forth on ESPN Buzzerbeater.

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                oh, btw, left out- THANKS. see 'ya next year.

shox '12-'13 = shox '13-'14 = shox '14-'15
                I'll be happy with that as long as the rest of the Valley builds too. Strong conference is great for all. Could really piss off ESPN and Co too.

Comment

• Redturd fans bitching about Baker "whining" to the refs.

Gee, I dunno. If I was flagrantly, cheap-shotted in the face, I'd probably whine too.

This is why Illinois State fans are the dumbest methf*cks on earth. And I'm so glad we handed it to them.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Any stud recruits coming in or too early to know officially yet? Will next year be down a bit or is there some guys capable of filling in? Shocks are definitely a great team, but could be even scarier with a true post player. Lufile seems to be coming along well though. Early was lights out too. Terrible mismatch for most teams.
                    Carter should be serviceable next year. We have a "freshman Early" coming in next year but I wouldn't expect too much from him. We also have a redshirt freshman who will be available next year along with 7'0" JUCO coming in who is viewed as more of a project. We're currently going hard after another JUCO PF who's been putting up some great stats. We certainly won't be able to get ourselves another player of Early's caliber, but there will be a lot of players who have the chance to step up next year and Marshall has done a great job of improving when it looks almost impossible to improve.

Comment

I'll be happy with that as long as the rest of the Valley builds too. Strong conference is great for all. Could really piss off ESPN and Co too.
                      i fully expect the rest of the mvc to buff up next year. and i don't take anything for granted this year either- take ilsu and the +10 was quite tempting, no?

Comment

• Oh and thank you Illinois State for a dunk highlight that everybody is now talking about and something we'll be talking about for ages. Thanks again.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          I remember one Jayhawker's snarky comments trying to belittle WSU is that we were "pretty good for a team that doesn't play above the rim". Of course that idiot never watched a WSU game in his life.
                          That poster has probably never played above the rim - of his toilet...
                          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            i fully expect the rest of the mvc to buff up next year. and i don't take anything for granted this year either- take ilsu and the +10 was quite tempting, no?
                            Best thing about the Valley is most teams are young or have great young pieces. Could be very strong as a whole in the future. Think only Indiana State loses a ton.

Comment

Best thing about the Valley is most teams are young or have great young pieces. Could be very strong as a whole in the future. Think only Indiana State loses a ton.
                              But a problem is some very good players have used some MVC teams as stepping stones by transfering. It will probably continue.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• ISU Redbird Fans....Come in the water....

Comment

Working...
                                X