#4 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
    Only at times during days that end with a y, that is.
    Ok, I'm laughing a lot this good day!

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
      Ok, I'm laughing a lot this good day!
      Which coincidentally also ends with a y.

Comment

• Email sent to people who bought tix through ISU website from Dan Muller:

I just wanted to send a quick email thanking you for the unbelievable support our team got last night vs. Wichita St. It is my goal to have that type of attendance, crowd and atmosphere EVERY game here at Redbird. Just imagine if our community, university, students and alumni could be that excited and passionate about our team for every home game! Now I know it is up to my staff and I to continue to build our program to a level that can generate that much excitement, but your investment and support is critical to our program's success.

Obviously I wish the 2nd half would have gone much differently, but I was proud of my team's fight for most of the game. We aren't there yet, but we WILL get there. We will be an elite program soon and Redbird arena will be the place to be on game night! I hope to see all of you back next Saturday, Feb. 1st at 3 p.m.

Thank you again for your support and Go Birds!

Comment

• Originally posted by chicagoshocker View Post
          Email sent to people who bought tix through ISU website from Dan Muller:

I just wanted to send a quick email thanking you for the unbelievable support our team got last night vs. Wichita St. It is my goal to have that type of attendance, crowd and atmosphere EVERY game here at Redbird. Just imagine if our community, university, students and alumni could be that excited and passionate about our team for every home game! Now I know it is up to my staff and I to continue to build our program to a level that can generate that much excitement, but your investment and support is critical to our program's success.

Obviously I wish the 2nd half would have gone much differently, but I was proud of my team's fight for most of the game. We aren't there yet, but we WILL get there. We will be an elite program soon and Redbird arena will be the place to be on game night! I hope to see all of you back next Saturday, Feb. 1st at 3 p.m.

Thank you again for your support and Go Birds!
          ghost writer

Comment

• Elite program? LOL.

Maybe they should try making the NCAA's first.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Elite teams, or those aspiring to become elite, have a very loooong way to go if they have to practically beg fans to get to the game.

It's really sad. WSU has it really, really good.

Yet we are the fan base that is full of classless jackasses. Yet we are the ONLY damn fan base who gives an ounce of **** about their team. I have a suggestion for fans of other Valley schools. You will NEVER be an elite program if you can't get your arena full on a regular basis. The players who are good, that can make your program elite, don't want to play in morgues. They get insulted when you only come to a game because of the other team playing. You want to be elite? You need to have an atmosphere the is conducive to get good players to see your enthusiasm as fans and want to be a part of it.

If you can't do that, then don't bother worrying about being elite, because it ain't gonna happen.

WSU was able to get back because when recruits showed up, The house was packed and rockin. And WSU put butts in the seats when our team was sorry. But when you have a passionate fan base, you can build on that. If you can't get that through your heads as a fan base, then you don't deserver to have an elite program.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• C'mon now the man was just trying to keep the fans excited and upbeat about the future of ilsu basketball. He owned the loss and besides how else would you describe your vision of your program if not elite? We will strive to be really good? We will strive to be better than mediocre? He recognizes how important it is for the support of fans for all of those things that we have now. I just think the man is trying to stay engaged with a fanbase that has not been real supportive and trying to point out that they can't elevate the program without the kind of support they showed against WSU. That being said Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                  Good point. The Dunk has kind of over-shadowed a lot of other good plays including a couple of other plays by Tekele. I loved the wrap around scoop Tekele made in the 2nd half and the drive on the right side of lane that he finished with his left hand because he had sealed off the defender, Lynch I believe, on his right.
                  Chadrack had a really nice dribble move in the paint that left their Frosh center standing in his own spittle. That bodes well for the final stretch of the season. If that frosh develops for Il St, he'll be a pain in our ass for the next few years. I think their program is on the upswing.

Comment

• I agree..the big kid and Lee I think both will be good.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      I agree..the big kid and Lee I think both will be good.
                      Tony Wills looked pretty athletic. Not sure if he will ever be much of a shooter but looks like he could present some issues as a slasher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        Chadrack had a really nice dribble move in the paint that left their Frosh center standing in his own spittle. That bodes well for the final stretch of the season. If that frosh develops for Il St, he'll be a pain in our ass for the next few years. I think their program is on the upswing.
                        And that fro is awesome. Reminded me of Apollo Creed.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                          Elite teams, or those aspiring to become elite, have a very loooong way to go if they have to practically beg fans to get to the game.

It's really sad. WSU has it really, really good.

Yet we are the fan base that is full of classless jackasses. Yet we are the ONLY damn fan base who gives an ounce of **** about their team. I have a suggestion for fans of other Valley schools. You will NEVER be an elite program if you can't get your arena full on a regular basis. The players who are good, that can make your program elite, don't want to play in morgues. They get insulted when you only come to a game because of the other team playing. You want to be elite? You need to have an atmosphere the is conducive to get good players to see your enthusiasm as fans and want to be a part of it.

If you can't do that, then don't bother worrying about being elite, because it ain't gonna happen.

WSU was able to get back because when recruits showed up, The house was packed and rockin. And WSU put butts in the seats when our team was sorry. But when you have a passionate fan base, you can build on that. If you can't get that through your heads as a fan base, then you don't deserver to have an elite program.
                          I do think it's funny that for every away MVC game we've played this year, if you look at their board after the game, they're all talking about how good their fans were and how awesome it'd be to have that atmosphere for the rest of the year. It's clearly a coincidence that a huge number of fans showed up for that one random game...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                            I do think it's funny that for every away MVC game we've played this year, if you look at their board after the game, they're all talking about how good their fans were and how awesome it'd be to have that atmosphere for the rest of the year. It's clearly a coincidence that a huge number of fans showed up for that one random game...
                            Maybe Seth Davis did know what he was talking about after all when he said it would be tough for the Shockers to go undefeated because the Valley has the best fan bases in America. (We all scratched our heads at the time).

Comment

Working...
                            X