#4 Wichita State @ Illinois State Official Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
    Haven't seen it posted anywhere else but good to see Don and Shirley Beggs in the crowd last night.

Replay on Time Warner Sports right now.
    I saw them too. Someone over at the Redbird board is all bent out of shape because he saw Marshall going over to greet someone behind the bench while Dan Muller was coming over shake hands and Muller had to wait. I have no doubt that Gregg would give preference to the former WSU President and his wife over not only DM but over anyone else in Redbird Arena or Koch arena. They had a great relationship. Special to see them there last night pulling for the Shockers, especially since they have family that works for ISU.
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
      I saw them too. Someone over at the Redbird board is all bent out of shape because he saw Marshall going over to greet someone behind the bench while Dan Muller was coming over shake hands and Muller had to wait. I have no doubt that Gregg would give preference to the former WSU President and his wife over not only DM but over anyone else in Redbird Arena or Koch arena. They had a great relationship. Special to see them there last night pulling for the Shockers, especially since they have family that works for ISU.
      That's idiotic. The 2 coaches shook hands within 15 seconds, AT MOST, of the final buzzer, and Thunder Dan gripped Gregg's hand for less than 1/10th of 1 second. He wasn't exactly waiting to chew the fat with Gregg. Not unexpected I guess from a fan base that seems to be looking for anything to attack our coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        That's idiotic. The 2 coaches shook hands within 15 seconds, AT MOST, of the final buzzer, and Thunder Dan gripped Gregg's hand for less than 1/10th of 1 second. He wasn't exactly waiting to chew the fat with Gregg. Not unexpected I guess from a fan base that seems to be looking for anything to attack our coach.
        Should have clarified, I think he meant pre-game not post-game but I do agree with your sentiments over all.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Multiple ISUr fans are saying that you shouldn't be able to look at the monitor to determine if a flagrant foul occurred unless a foul was already called on the floor....

The only way you could possibly have that opinion was if you knew your team was a bunch of cheap shotting thugs and you wanted them to get away with everything...

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
            Multiple ISUr fans are saying that you shouldn't be able to look at the monitor to determine if a flagrant foul occurred unless a foul was already called on the floor....

The only way you could possibly have that opinion was if you knew your team was a bunch of cheap shotting thugs and you wanted them to get away with everything...
            ISUr fans might want to read an NCAA rulebook sometime:

Monitor Review- Fouls. (Rules 11-2.1.d.1 and .2) When a foul has been called on the floor, a monitor review is permitted to determine if a flagrant 2 personal or flagrant 2 contact technical foul occurred. When it is determined that no such foul occurred but that a flagrant 1, common or contact dead ball technical did occur, that foul shall be penalized accordingly. When the review discloses, by indisputable evidence, that there was no foul committed, the foul call shall be reversed with no foul charged. In situations where officials fail to make a call on the floor, officials are permitted to review for a flagrant 2 personal or flagrant 2 contact technical foul, and when no such foul(s) occurred, a flagrant 1 personal may be charged or no foul charged, but common foul may not be charged.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
              Multiple ISUr fans are saying that you shouldn't be able to look at the monitor to determine if a flagrant foul occurred unless a foul was already called on the floor....

This might be slightly harsh, but it has some merit to it as well. Quit kicking players, punching them in the junk, and elbowing them in the face, and it won't be an issue any longer.

When it "always seems to happen to your team" sometimes it is your team.

Comment

• After just watching the replay, it just didn't seem as if the elbow to Ron's head was intentional. Hell, I knocked out a guys contacts at the rec yesterday on a play similar to that by accident.
                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

After just watching the replay, it just didn't seem as if the elbow to Ron's head was intentional. Hell, I knocked out a guys contacts at the rec yesterday on a play similar to that by accident.
                  they judged it to be unintentional

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    they judged it to be unintentional
                    yea but people on here were saying it was clearly intentional. I just don't think it was.
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

After just watching the replay, it just didn't seem as if the elbow to Ron's head was intentional. Hell, I knocked out a guys contacts at the rec yesterday on a play similar to that by accident.
                      A flagrant 1 foul does not require intent.
                      The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

yea but people on here were saying it was clearly intentional. I just don't think it was.
                        Wills would be the last player to do that intentionally. Every team has a player or 2 that could get frustrated with tough D and do something stupid. Wills is not that guy. Very even keeled and cool headed for a freshman.

Mention the shot on Stutz by Wilkins. Not surprising from him. Wilkins was a bit of a head case at times.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          A flagrant 1 foul does not require intent.
                          That is my understanding. The purpose of the new rules are to try and minimize the head trauma (as is the trend in all sports) intentional or otherwise. Of course, they don't seem to be working real well with Ron as his head seems to be an elbow magnet.

If you want to see a good example of Flagrant 2 (intentional) foul see KU's Joel Embiid's flagrant 2 against K-State.

Comment

I agree with the flagrant 1 ruling. Didn't really seem intentional from what I saw.

Comment

• Originally posted by isubirds89 View Post
                              Mention the shot on Stutz by Wilkins. Not surprising from him. Wilkins was a bit of a head case at times.
                              Only at times during days that end with a y, that is.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                Only at times during days that end with a y, that is.
                                He was very average, but him backing out of Bradley sure pissed them off. That alone made his stay at ISU worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X