Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which recruit are you most excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proshox
    NewShock - do you realize that Gal's stats and Clevin's stats in Juco ball are very similar? I think you may be having fun with Spangler if you are calling him nuts...
    i was serious, Coach hasnt really made a sercret that he feels Gal is more of 2 guard than a point, the only reason Gal was running point is cause he is our best option. Now Clevin Hannah is more of your prototypical PG. And it has been no sercret, especially around here that Clevin will be our starting PG next season.
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Great minds? How in the world did you ever pass the screening for ShockerNet membership? 1972

Thought you would never ask 1972 and thanks soooo much for opening the flood gates. Being a Man of few words, FSF was born at a very early age, and have been so very 8) since becoming a Shocker fan when I was knee-high to a grass-hoppa, that I must wear shades. What about them Shocks?
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        Great minds? How in the world did you ever pass the screening for ShockerNet membership? 1972

Thought you would never ask 1972 and thanks soooo much for opening the flood gates. Being a Man of few words, FSF was born at a very early age, and have been so very 8) since becoming a Shocker fan when I was knee-high to a grass-hoppa, that I must wear shades. What about them Shocks?
        That explains it. :goshocks:

Comment

Well we will see - Shockernet has over-hyped incoming recruits since the start. I have a wait and see attitude towards their immediate impacts. Most of the best shockers have struggled in year one.

The shox have struggled all year and struggling teams usually hit the valley and get worse.. The shockers did the same, so I cannot put the struggles since Matt's injury on Gal. I actually think the bigger problem is that both have to be on the court for the shockers to be successful.

When it comes to tangible evidence (assists, points, turnovers, efficiency etc) Gal had caught up to our really good senior point guard in ten games. Therefore, I think he has at least a 50% chance of being starting point guard next year. He may not be a typical point guard and still needs a ton of seasoning in late game situations, but he is very limited at the two (especially if more shooters are put in the mix).

As far as leadership goes - didn't Hannah's coach make a comment that was either on the news or paper that Hannah had a motivation "problem" for a couple week stretch this season? Maybe it was one of the other recruits, but I thought the comment came from a JUCO coach.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox
            As far as leadership goes - didn't Hannah's coach make a comment that was either on the news or paper that Hannah had a motivation "problem" for a couple week stretch this season? Maybe it was one of the other recruits, but I thought the comment came from a JUCO coach.
            Coach said that he was in a "funk" but I didn't hear much more, other than the team really needs him and was playing better with him playing better.

Comment

Let's hope GM does ineed return next year. Even if he does, I'm thinking he will play both guard positions but with an emphasis on the SG position.
              i guarentee you he returns.
              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by RipEmUpShox
                Let's hope GM does ineed return next year. Even if he does, I'm thinking he will play both guard positions but with an emphasis on the SG position.
                well there we go guys, we have confirmation that Gal is coming back. ;-)
                ________
                Zx14 vs hayabusa
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                  well there we go guys, we have confirmation that Gal is coming back. ;-)
                  i meant coach.
                  but ive heard that gal is planning on coming.
                  "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                  CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Now that would be grand!!!!!!! Gal is a hard worker and will only get better.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

but ive heard that gal is planning on coming.
                      I hope Gal returns as well, however whose cape/flag will you wear if he chooses not to?

Comment

Coach Marshall mentioned Gal on his show tonight and really did not indicate one way or the other whether he thought Gal would be back.

He said IF Gal returns which will be up to him and his family to decide after the season ends.

Whichever way it goes, hipefully, Gal makes his decision farely quickly so HCGM know where he stands.

Comment

I think Gal returns next year - and I think he's the starting PG until someone beats him out of the position.

There's not much of a substitute for someone who has run the point in the system. Gal has done that.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Listening to coach it sounds like he hopes Gal doesn't have to start there and that Hannah should be the one to replace Braeuer. We'll be much better off if it does work out like that.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

If Gal operates the one, who's on 2? AJ's on 3, Ramon's on4, and Garrett's on 5.

Gal has to be a 2 and Clevin is our 1

Comment

If Gal were to play the one we'd pretty much have to have Aaron develop to the point where he can play, and start, at the three and move AJ to the two. I just don't see one of the FR guards starting next season.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X