Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which recruit are you most excited about?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a lot of fans will be surprised about who starts at point guard for the team. With two years of D1 experience, "half a year" of pg experience, the "hardest worker on the team" and the shooting guards we are bringing in, I think Gal begins the year as starting point guard. I don't know that he will finish the year as pg but I think he starts there.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      I think a lot of fans will be surprised about who starts at point guard for the team. With two years of D1 experience, "half a year" of pg experience, the "hardest worker on the team" and the shooting guards we are bringing in, I think Gal begins the year as starting point guard. I don't know that he will finish the year as pg but I think he starts there.
      so you are saying he starts over Clevin Hannah and if you are saying that, then you are nuts
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

To really discuss this topic, I would like to expound as to what positions and who we ShockerNetter fantasy coaches would like to sign that we have a shot at really signing. It seems that 2 more signees is probable. Based on who we have signed, etc. I would like another point guard (Aniquawn Beckham) and a PF.(either Andrew Davis or the 6'8" PF from the Juco that CH plays for but his name escapes me.) Ideas?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
          FSF, I think Clevin will pick up where Matt left off as far as running the offense. Now, if he has his heart and fight, we will be in great shape.

I also feel good about Beckham. Fr to learn under Hannah, and fill out a class that will make a huge dent in the MVC!!
          Is Antiquawn expected to sign?

Comment

Originally posted by GoShox117
            Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
            FSF, I think Clevin will pick up where Matt left off as far as running the offense. Now, if he has his heart and fight, we will be in great shape.

I also feel good about Beckham. Fr to learn under Hannah, and fill out a class that will make a huge dent in the MVC!!
            Is Antiquawn expected to sign?
            he still has to visit first, and that isnt expected until after the season
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I am most excited about the recruiting class as a whole. I'm not sure we have any single recruit that is a program-maker, but the class as a whole could be a program-maker, especially if we continue to follow on with solid recruiting in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                so you are saying he starts over Clevin Hannah and if you are saying that, then you are nuts
                Let's wait until next October and see what happens. At that time, maybe one of us will offer an apology to the other?? :whistle: :lol:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                  Let's wait until next October and see what happens. At that time, maybe one of us will offer an apology to the other?? :whistle: :lol:
                  That's good advice. Especially if GM leaves, there's no telling which recruits will show up if any. ;-)

Comment

Let's hope GM does ineed return next year. Even if he does, I'm thinking he will play both guard positions but with an emphasis on the SG position.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      Let's hope GM does ineed return next year. Even if he does, I'm thinking he will play both guard positions but with an emphasis on the SG position.
                      I'm not sure Gal is as good a shooter as the recruits are (expected to be if the recruiting hype turns out to be true at the D1 level). This is why he may not play the 2 as much as the 1.

Gal has proven his ability to play at the D1 level while Clevin Hannah, for example, has not yet. Gris came in with lots of CC props and was just getting good when he got hurt. Ramon Clemente is a great rebounder but his shot needs some work. Until it is proven otherwise, Gal is the best guard we will have next year.

Comment

If Gal is starting at the point much next year, I think it will be another "rebuilding" campaign.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

NewShock - do you realize that Gal's stats and Clevin's stats in Juco ball are very similar? I think you may be having fun with Spangler if you are calling him nuts...

Comment

Coach won't want Gal to run the point. As much praise as he gives Gal he continually says that he's not a true point. He's better off at the 2. If Hannah doesn't start then we're in trouble. Gal isn't the type you want running the point for 30 minutes a game. Hopefully we can sign Beckham so we have a FR PG ready to learn and take over. After that I hope we get either Davis or Flowers. If we are to sign two more.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Subgod22--they always say "great minds think alike" and I concur with each comment you just made. :D

To be successful in the Valley, and onward to the Dance, we need to be very strong and very deep at both guard positions. Maybe during practice next year, as these guards compete for playing time, we should pipe in the theme song to the Movie---"The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" because it will be a shoot-- out and a war at the OK Chuck!!!!!!! There will be competition at each and every position.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                                Subgod22--they always say "great minds think alike"
                                Great minds? How in the world did you ever pass the screening for ShockerNet membership?

:D

Comment

Working...
                                X