• Show
Clear All

• Gregg is now only 1% behind Painter.

Comment

• Voted.

Comment

• Showing 16% to 16% now.

Comment

• http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/contes...d=48&rel=modal continues to save me clicks so I'll reply with it here so it is close to the top of page 7.

Comment

• Still in third place. Go vote!

Comment

• 7 more votes for Gregg
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I vote every day for Coach Marshall but never took the time to see the charities that the other coaches chose. I was very impressed with the charities that the coaches chose until I got to Boeheim who chose his own foundation. I am sure they do good work but for pete's sake how much of a Dbag do you have to be to choose your own foundation with your name. I am sure most Division 1 coaches at the big schools have foundations or at least their wives or kids do but he is the only one self serving enough to pick his own foundation. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way the same way the Super Bowl Coke ad did with America The Beautiful being sung in every language than English.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                  I vote every day for Coach Marshall but never took the time to see the charities that the other coaches chose. I was very impressed with the charities that the coaches chose until I got to Boeheim who chose his own foundation. I am sure they do good work but for pete's sake how much of a Dbag do you have to be to choose your own foundation with your name. I am sure most Division 1 coaches at the big schools have foundations or at least their wives or kids do but he is the only one self serving enough to pick his own foundation. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way the same way the Super Bowl Coke ad did with America The Beautiful being sung in every language than English.
                  Doesn't really bother me. I assume that if you started your own charitable foundation you are using it to invest in the causes you are most passionate about. Makes perfect sense that you would want any money won in the contest to go to those causes.
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

I vote every day for Coach Marshall but never took the time to see the charities that the other coaches chose. I was very impressed with the charities that the coaches chose until I got to Boeheim who chose his own foundation. I am sure they do good work but for pete's sake how much of a Dbag do you have to be to choose your own foundation with your name. I am sure most Division 1 coaches at the big schools have foundations or at least their wives or kids do but he is the only one self serving enough to pick his own foundation. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way the same way the Super Bowl Coke ad did with America The Beautiful being sung in every language than English.
                    Bill Self's charity was his own foundation as well....just has a more creative name than using his own name. I don't have a huge problem with it either after thinking about it...although it initially did cause me to raise an eyebrow.
                    78-65

Comment

• Say what you want about our former coach, but I do like that he named the Alzheimer's Association as his charity. It seems like I remember that his wife's dad had that affliction. Seeing as Gregg is in no danger of not making the next cut, I have been trying to give Mark some votes in hopes of getting him to the next round so his charity can get some more money. I had a couple family members with Alzheimer's as well so it hits close to home for me too.
                      78-65

Comment

You are wrong twice in one post. Good job!

Comment

• Don't forget to vote.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                            Bill Self's charity was his own foundation as well....just has a more creative name than using his own name. I don't have a huge problem with it either after thinking about it...although it initially did cause me to raise an eyebrow.
                            Picking your own foundation for something like this is either just lazy or narcissistic.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The problem with naming your own charity is that you then have control over how the money is spent. Not all charities are equitable in the percent of donations that actually makes it to the charitable organization.

The CEO's of some of these charities earn $500K - $1 mill+ a year.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X