Gregg Marshall on the Jim Rome Show - Coming up NOW1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    It's not. He's said it multiple times in the last 2-3 years.
    Correct. JH4P must've been too busy bracketing to notice.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Watch at this link for the hour 2 audio to be posted.

Comment

Do you have to be an Insider to listen to the Podcast???
        FINAL FOURS:
        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
        Number of Times Ranked: 157
        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
        #3 - Dec. 2017
        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
        #2 ~ March 2014
        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
          Do you have to be an Insider to listen to the Podcast???
          I just opened the site in another browser and it let me listen

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            It's not. He's said it multiple times in the last 2-3 years.
            He has said this quite a bit over the years. In fact, Parrish mentioned it yesterday when talking about the Shox. He pointed out that Marshall had made that same statement to him last year. It's just a nice way of pointing out that this program can compete with theirs so maybe it isn't in their best interest. That being said, Rome loved the fact that Marshall called Weber and Self out by name in his statement. It seems pretty calculated to me. Marshall is a master at playing these games. That's what makes him so perfect for this program.
            "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I guess I never realized that he went as far to say he outright wouldn't do it if he were in their shoes. I thought he had tiptoed around their motivation and been less direct in the past. Not a big deal, just caught me by surprise.

I find it interesting that many posters will simultaneously call out KU and say they are "afraid" to play WSU, but then act like Marshall is a god and not afraid of anything. How does that jive together when Marshall himself has said he would do the same thing KU is doing right now if he were coaching there?

Comment

We have one of if not the classiest coach in the nation. I think there are a lot of people at a lot of big historically successful schools that are looking at him going...I wish we had that guy

Comment

Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
                  I guess I never realized that he went as far to say he outright wouldn't do it if he were in their shoes. I thought he had tiptoed around their motivation and been less direct in the past. Not a big deal, just caught me by surprise.

I find it interesting that many posters will simultaneously call out KU and say they are "afraid" to play WSU, but then act like Marshall is a god and not afraid of anything. How does that jive together when Marshall himself has said he would do the same thing KU is doing right now if he were coaching there?
                  Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                  Is it possible it's more of a "We're so good right now that if KU wants a non-conference win then I wouldn't schedule us" type of thing?
                  This.

Pressure. Nice, calm pressure.

No thumping the chest and acting like he's "not been there before".

Outside of the Beakers, everyone knows why they don't play WSU. The national media, the regional media, the local media (both Wichita and KC/Topeka area).

Comment

Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                    I just opened the site in another browser and it let me listen
                    Awesome thx! Worked!
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      This.

Pressure. Nice, calm pressure.

No thumping the chest and acting like he's "not been there before".

Outside of the Beakers, everyone knows why they don't play WSU. The national media, the regional media, the local media (both Wichita and KC/Topeka area).
                      Nail on the head. He can either call these guys out by telling everyone they are afraid to play us, or he can simply state "I wouldn't play us either.". The implication is the same.
                      "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

I went to one of the HCGM's first public appearances as the new head coach. During the Q&A session, someone asked about playing KU. He said the exact same thing. He went on to explain that if Self lost to the Shockers it could cost him his job. So he has been saying it since he has started coaching at WSU.

Another great thing he talked about at the first public appearance was bringing a National Championship to WSU followed by a long standing ovation. He's been eyeing a NC since he started. That's what I love about him. He has always from the start had high expectations for WSU and the program.

Comment

killed it!

Comment

soooo... this home/home with UCONN he mentioned...sounds awesome

Comment

Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
                              soooo... this home/home with UCONN he mentioned...sounds awesome
                              Yes, IF they can make it happen.

Or maybe he's talking about a move to the AAC . . . I kid!

Comment

He mentioned that college admissions to WSU are up 75% since the Final Four, and they expect that to climb to 100% by the end of the year. Could that possibly be true? I have no reason to doubt it, but that is INCREDIBLE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X