KSU to play at Long Beach State next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    So we get to play 11 minutes from our campus at Intrust and KSU gets to play 2 hours from theirs in KC. With no third game in Manhattan. That is what you are arguing could happen.

I hope you are an ice cube salesman in Alaska cuz we're gonna need some salesmanship for that one. :D
    You would give the same deal to K State as KU? Can't do that or you will never get KU on the schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
      No, but we didn't give them two at "home" compared to our one at "home"
      Explain to me how Kansas City is a "home" game for KSU against WSU, please.

Comment

Ask a KState fan. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          Ask a KState fan. :)
          :)

Touche.

Comment

Explain the logic to me of playing two in the NE part of the state against K State and one in Wichita. You can't offer K State and KU the same deal and expect KU to bite. Which campus is farther away from KC, Wichita or Manhattan? I would do a game at Bramlage and a game at Intrust, but you can't schedule a game at Sprint as well in that series. And only if WSU gets to sell all tickets at Intrust.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
              Explain the logic to me of playing two in the NE part of the state against K State and one in Wichita. You can't offer K State and KU the same deal and expect KU to bite. Which campus is farther away from KC, Wichita or Manhattan? I would do a game at Bramlage and a game at Intrust, but you can't schedule a game at Sprint as well in that series. And only if WSU gets to sell all tickets at Intrust.
              Why on earth aren't you just arguing for a straight home and home instead of this retarded Intrust-Sprint scenario then?

Comment

Any game at IBA with KSU would have to stipulate that Shocker season ticket holders (to any Shocker sport) are given the 1st right of refusal to purchase tickets for at least a two week period. With that I could live with a Bramlage, IBA, Sprint package.

Comment

Why on earth aren't you just arguing for a straight home and home instead of this retarded Intrust-Sprint scenario then?
                  Either works for me as long as we aren't giving scheduling two games in the NE part of the state for K State and only one return game in Wichita. Sprint and Intrust would work best for WSU, but K State probably wouldn't agree to it. WSU may have just as many fans in Bramlage than K State especially if it is near Thanksgiving or Christmas break.

Comment

Agree with this. We don't news to get creative with KSU. Just do a straight home-home.
                    You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I don't think we should be playing more than one game a year at IBA, and I agree that is should be reserved for one of the best non-con games of the year,. While I would love a home and home with the Wildcats, I would hope they aren't one of our top opponents.

Koch Arena is a fantastic atmosphere and while IBA is fun, it's just not the same as CKA.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                        I don't think we should be playing more than one game a year at IBA, and I agree that is should be reserved for one of the best non-con games of the year,. While I would love a home and home with the Wildcats, I would hope they aren't one of our top opponents.

Koch Arena is a fantastic atmosphere and while IBA is fun, it's just not the same as CKA.
                        I would agree with this as well. If you schedule more than one game a year at Intrust and not include it in the season ticket package, you are going to start pissing off some season ticket holders.

Comment

Nobody suggested we play more than one game at Intrust.

Comment

Play one in Dodge City?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Play one in Dodge City?
                              Make it Scott City. We like to recruit there.
                              Last edited by Cdizzle; December 24, 2013, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                                Most KState fans would have you believe they have a majority share of fans in Wichita, with WSU fans an also-ran behind them and KU. Sometimes it is advantageous to play into the ignorant hands of your adversary. I think Weber knows too much, though.
                                In the Wichita metro area WSU has the strongest following by a large margin. KU and K-State are a distant second and third. Do a google search for prior years of Bob Lutz's Annual Reader Survey. He asked that very question I believe about 3 years ago. One would sure think that after our basketball performance since then, that the margin has widened even more.

KU-ers and K-State-ers who think they rule the Wichita roost lack any objective foundation. We have metrics that prove WSU is a clear numero uno in DooDah.

We shouldn't have to argue the fact in the first place. Go into any of Wichita's largest employers and look at the diplomas hanging on the walls for the positions requiring a college education. WSU represents by a freaking landslide, as we should.

Comment

Working...
                                X