No announcement yet.

KSU to play at Long Beach State next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to the topic at hand - clearly WSU doesn't need to play KU or KSU to have NCAA success.

It seems like most on this message board would like to see WSU have a larger statewide footprint. Clearly playing KSU and KU every once in a while helps with that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
      Back to the topic at hand - clearly WSU doesn't need to play KU or KSU to have NCAA success.

It seems like most on this message board would like to see WSU have a larger statewide footprint. Clearly playing KSU and KU every once in a while helps with that goal.
      It's good for the fans and good for the schools to play each other. Nothing much else to it than that.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        I don't get JoCo. A true paradox. KU hates missourah, yet JoCo latches onto KC Mo like ksu latches onto the Big XII---for dear life. JoCo KU alums singing "Home of the Chiefs" at the end of the national anthem played in AFH. WTH!?!?!?
        JoCo must have the largest inferiority complex of any "major league" metro area in the U.S.
        Just the name makes me laugh--- JoCo! Not Olathe, Overland Park, Shawnee, Mission Hills--but JoCo! Funny stuff.
        There is no inferiority complex in JoCo. After all, they do live inside a bubble. There is a very quiet level of anxiety among KU alums living in the bubble. They drown any foreign sounds with constant non-stop information about KU - on TV, the radio, the Internet, and in print. Even last night, I turned on Metro Sports and they had a show or segment about KU basketball players shopping for Christmas toys.. Seriously? And there is a non-stop stream of local authors constantly writing books about KU. You have to wonder how they sell outside the bubble.

At the risk of sounding hypocritical and talking about the possibility of (ever) playing KU, I offer this one piece of information already mentioned, but chrystalized here:

There are 351 Division I basketball teams. Out of the 350 that KU can schedule, there are only two; Mizzou and WSU that they go out of their way not to play. We know the reason for Mizzou. Mizzou jilted them for a trophy wife conference (SEC) leaving them behind to fend for themselves. WSU is more mysterious. I don't waste anymore time trying to figure it out.

Just watch two movies:

1. Caddyshack - they are the old farts and we are the new money Cadillac and Leisure Suit crowd that threatens their sheltered existence. God forbid we get into the pants of their virginal niece - Lacy Underalls...
        2. The Truman Show: Tells you all you need to know about living in the bubble...

Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

I do not disagree with your statement. But I think having a stand-out player from Scott City (western Kansas) has had a much bigger impact on WSU's footprint than a game with KU would ever achieve.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
            I do not disagree with your statement. But I think having a stand-out player from Scott City (western Kansas) has had a much bigger impact on WSU's footprint than a game with KU would ever achieve.

yeah, maybe so

Comment

So Bob Lutz is going to jump a motorcycle over IBA? Are they selling tickets?
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by engrshock View Post
                Especially with the "wheat" harvesters, if not the wheat farmers...
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

For being a Wichita State Men's Basketball forum, this KSU at Long Beach State thread sure is getting a lot of play.

I really don't care what KSU is doing or who they're playing,. If it was up to me, I'd have this on the Around The NCAA forum.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                    So Bob Lutz is going to jump a motorcycle over IBA? Are they selling tickets?
                    I won't go.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I won't go.
                      That's shocking......

Comment

Who really gives a damn who they play or don't play.

The sooner Shocker fans completely ignore KU and KS, the happier they will be.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                          Who really gives a damn who they play or don't play.

The sooner Shocker fans completely ignore KU and KS, the happier they will be.
                          Given that we are a state with less than 3 million residents, 3.5 media markets and only three Division 1 schools, that ain't going to happen.

Comment

Let the Shox meet either one in the NCAA tournament instead of worrying about a regular season game.
                            The pressure will be heavy for the Shockers but tremendously worse for ksu or KU. Heaven forbid they ignore WSU during the regular season and then when it truly counts lose to the Shockers. ksu is too insignificant to know the difference...but it would create a tsunami of second-guessing for KU.

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock View Post
                              The sooner Shocker fans
                              Who said anything about OU?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                                Who said anything about OU?
                                I'm just guessing, DSB, but I would imagine that the 'sooner' fans probably stand not too far behind us in their love for KU and KS.

Comment

Working...
                                X