KSU to play at Long Beach State next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSU to play at Long Beach State next year

I tried it get a discussion going on a few other threads on this topic. (I probably should have taken a clue that only a few responded.) But hey, I am bored and this is the internets.

According to Coach Bruce Weber, the Mildcats will stop at Long Beach on the way to Maui next year.

How can the Eco Kat fans spin this? How does this fit the very stringent criteria Kitty Kats have for non-conference road games? How does that fet?

The beach played at KSU in the past couple of years (when Martin was the caoch). Is this not the return game?
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      The beach played at KSU in the past couple of years (when Martin was the caoch). Is this not the return game?
      Even if so, the question remains.

Comment

They are trying to expand their national brand and keep the long line of recruits from California rolling in.

Sarcasm alert

Comment

My question is - why would I care? If you're going to Hawaii, the chances of picking up a game on the West Coast are a little higher than picking up a game on your way in Wichita. I don't know of any flights that have connection in Wichita on your way to Hawaii.

Also, it's lot better recruiting tool and a lot better reward to your team to take a game on the West Coast as opposed to taking a bus ride to an away game in Kansas.

Then there's the "it's KSU" factor. I'm not terribly excited by the possibility of playing KSU anywhere for any reason. It's unlikely we'll ever run into them in the post-season.

If you think KU is never going to schedule WSU, you ain't seen nothing compared to the possibiolities of KSU playing WSU. Weber already has a lot of haters. If he scheduled WSU while Ron Baker was on the WSU roster and lost, that might be the end of his basketball coaching career. And he's going to lose in that situation and he knows it.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

KSU is still #3 in Kansas and right now, it's not really that close.

Comment

I'd go out on a limb and say K-State is 4th, battling it out with emporia state.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Weber has been saying they will consider scheduling WSU in the next couple or so years. It's not a game most of us care that much about getting on the schedule, but I do hope it happens. All three Kansas D-1 schools should be playing each other. If it happens, fans of all of the schools will learn to enjoy.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Good for kstate. What does it have to do with Wichita State?

Comment

We should be excited about playing K-State. Lets not fall into the same trap our elitist brothern in Lawrence exhibits. K-State has certainly been up and down over the past few years. However, they are a fellow state D-1 school in a power conference. The state of Kansas should get excited about this game. Lets schedule it and focus on beating them and let the grumpy old man in Lawrence be grumpy and old.

Comment

It would be great to get KSU on the schedule. I think WSU is the better team and program and that game would provide an opportunity to prove it. Plus we need quality games since losing CU, BracketBusters, and the Mountain West challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                        We should be excited about playing K-State. Lets not fall into the same trap our elitist brothern in Lawrence exhibits. K-State has certainly been up and down over the past few years. However, they are a fellow state D-1 school in a power conference. The state of Kansas should get excited about this game. Lets schedule it and focus on beating them and let the grumpy old man in Lawrence be grumpy and old.
                        Not nearly as many but I've run into some elitist KSU fans too when it comes to playing the Shockers.

Comment

KSU/WSU is a game Weber cannot and will not schedule. If Weber had a list of schools ranked by least desireable to see on the schedule, I'm confident WSU would head that list - and it wouldn't be close for who's second.

If KSU scheduled WSU and KSU lost, there would be 10,000 angry famrers in Manhattan - with pitchforks.

There is no point in debating this potential opponent. I doubt the fans of either school would object. I doubt that Marshall would object. I bet everybody in the KSU athletic department would object. From the coaches, to the SID, to Currie. To the team managers.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            Weber already has a lot of haters. If he scheduled WSU while Ron Baker was on the WSU roster and lost, that might be the end of his basketball coaching career. And he's going to lose in that situation and he knows it.
                            What does Ron Baker have to do with Bruce Weber? It was Frank Martin who didn't recruit Ron, not Weber.
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              What does Ron Baker have to do with Bruce Weber? It was Frank Martin who didn't recruit Ron, not Weber.
                              It doesn't matter who didn't recruit him. KSU losing against a team with a star player from their strongest area of student recruiting would not go over well with fans. They're already scorched that he's not playing for them. Losing to a team with Baker would increase that burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X