Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Were all (at least a lot of us) are thinking this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

For you number munchers out there…

With 22 regular season games left before St. Louis, consider the following:

Chance WSU reaches 30-0 assuming a 95% chance to win each time out – 32%
      Chance WSU reaches 30-0 assuming a 90% chance to win each time out – 10%
      Chance WSU reaches 30-0 assuming an 85% chance to win each time out – 3%
      Chance WSU reaches 30-0 assuming an 80% chance to win each time out – less than 1%

Obviously some games will be harder than others, but these “average chance to win” scenarios help give a rough idea of the likelihood of an undefeated run through the regular season.

Comment

"NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!!"

-- Han Solo
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Its unlucky to be superstitious.
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There are a bunch of blue 40-0 shirts that could be dyed yellow..... ;)
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              You seem to be one of the more rational guys on the board, but you can not see the rationale in one wanting to believe in a superstition?
              Because superstitions are illogical.

Wait a second . . .

THAT'S IT! . . .

@Jamar Howard 4 President: is a Vulcan!

Comment

Not a chance we'll run through the Valley unscathed, regardless of what we do against TN or Bama. Every year, we lose a game that makes you scratch your head, (Evansville (2x) and SIU last year, Drake the year before that).

We will be everyone's Superbowl when we go to their place. Odds are, we'll encounter one team who is having the game of their lives and we have one of our worst showings of the year. I actually want a loss here or there.

Can you imagine running the table and going into the NCAA's with that big goose egg in the L column though? Talk about the opponent getting up for a game to be the team who not only eliminated us, but gave us our first loss. I would love the media attention, but I would not want that type of pressure on the boyz. It'd be fun and interesting though.

Comment

However unlikely, I would take 33-0 (after winning in St. Louis) and number 1 overall seed in the tourney over any other possible record. No reason to lose just to "lessen the opponent's motivation."

33-0 would be amazing! (ShockerFever, is that an acceptable use of the word "amazing"?)

Comment

You know damn well by this point that we could be undefeated right up through January 31, and Evansville will beat us on February 1. It's like clockwork.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                      Could Wichita State run the table? John Gasaway, in his Insider mid-major rankings, explains: "Instead of surprising you with an off-the-wall choice for the top spot, allow me to explain why tapping the only mid-major currently ranked in the AP Top 15 is absolutely essential. Wichita State has one of the best defenses in the nation, period. Every opponent except one this season has been held under a point per possession, and the exception to that rule, DePaul, trailed by 13 or more for the entire second half before losing by 18. [...] If Wichita State were to prevail at home against Tennessee this weekend and then win at Alabama next week, the moment will have officially arrived to start speculating about this team running the table in the regular season. Those odds would be long, no doubt, but with Creighton now safely tucked away in the Big East, the Shockers may have a shot."

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...takes-a-breath
                      I haven't been thinking about it. We have to play Evansville twice.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                        I wonder what game it would go over 50%. I'm guessing it will go up considerably if we beat UT and Bama but it will probably still be below 10%.
                        I did a quick check, and it would likely require WSU to get through either the EU game (2/1) or ISUB (2/5) undefeated to get above 50%. Even 80% probability will likely result in a loss with enough chances.

Comment

ok a week between games is definitely too much time lol
                          Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          I did a quick check, and it would likely require WSU to get through either the EU game (2/1) or ISUB (2/5) undefeated to get above 50%. Even 80% probability will likely result in a loss with enough chances.
                          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

I don't think you can say there is no chance we will go undefeated, but I do think that the chances are pretty slim that will happen. Way too much season in front of us to thing about that possibility too much. Hopefully, come Saturday afternoon the slim chance will still be in place and then we go on to the next game.

Comment

I'm okay with the RPI forecast number of 1.7% so not something I think much about . No WSU team has gotten to 10-0 in over a century. 30-0 is a whole different kettle of fish.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Meant to add that watching three top 25 teams (albeit Dayton was borderline) struggle at ISUr, UNI, and Drake on the same night shows how hard it is to run the table on the road.
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X