Tennessee Pregame Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
    Unfortunately, this game sounds more and more like the outcome of the game could be in the way the refs call it.
    mmm... for some reason, that doesn't sound good.

i'd like to see van vleet get eight assists and three steals. is that asking too much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
      You started it.

EO was a monumental reason we won the Southern Miss game. If we do not win that game, Southern Miss goes to the tournament, not WSU. If WSU does not go to the tournament, WSU does not go to the Final Four.
      Yeah, I don't think anyone would blame Ehimen for the Louisville loss. Just an unfortunate sequence of events. Actually, before EO's airball free throw, Ron had turned down a WIDE OPEN three at the top of the key to feed EO in the post, which lead to foul that prompted the air ball. If Ron knocks down a 3 there, I think it would have been a 15-point game, and the doors get blown off.

Oh, to think what if. I was proud of the guys that night and still am, but since then, I have thought often about and will always believe that we would have been national champs had we played Michigan on Championship Monday. Sigh..... :(
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        You started it.

EO was a monumental reason we won the Southern Miss game. If we do not win that game, Southern Miss goes to the tournament, not WSU. If WSU does not go to the tournament, WSU does not go to the Final Four.
        It was a statement in jest. I knew it would start a hub bub but didn't think people would actually take the comment seriously. Yes, EO's contributions to the team, and in that specific SoMiss game are without question. I just find it sickly hilarious that EO could drain two FT's like that, but then completely airball a FT in the Final Four.

No harm or ill-will meant towards EO on that comment at all. Every player on that team deserves the utmost respect from every Shocker fan. All the way down to the walk on practice squad guys, Jake White, and even Kadeem who couldn't suit up.

On that same mention, every player who put on a jersey under Marshall contributed to that Final Four by building the foundation that Marshall had to work with. Toure, Gabe, JT, Derek Brown, Ramon, etc etc.
        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
          i'd like to see van vleet get eight assists and three steals. is that asking too much?
          You got to think FVV double double game is coming soon. He's been pretty close a couple times now.

Comment

• Cuonzo Martin talks about Wichita State crowd.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Comment

• "The more the better"
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Finally a look at the floor that is to scale.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                    On that same mention, every player who put on a jersey under Marshall contributed to that Final Four by building the foundation that Marshall had to work with. Toure, Gabe, JT, Derek Brown, Ramon, etc etc.
                    Even Randall Vautravers?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post
                      Even Randall Vautravers?
                      Especially Randall. Every time he got in the game, I'd yell "Randaaaaaallllllll" extremely loud. I doubt he heard me from the rafters, but I did, none-the-less.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Randall did something awesome today!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                          Randall did something awesome today!
                          Something golfyish? Pretty please share?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• WSU's fight song and boxing gloves are part of Tennessee's practices this week.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• @volsbuzztap: Tennessee Volunteers (Official Site) >> M. Basketball. The @Vol_Hoops Report: Dec. 12 http://buzztap.com/-ImIVVW

Interesting writeup about Vols preparation and their "black ops" practice squad. Also extended interview with Cuonzo about the game.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Caught KSN News and it was reported that Cuonzo stated something to the effect of "They haven't faced a team/defense like Tennessee yet". While it may be true, I thought it was a little too gleaming and is potentially locker room material. Come on Cuonzo, I like you. Don't be too dicky.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X