Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    More fuel for the fire gentlemen (and ladies).

Seven teams that can win the NCAA tournament (and three that can’t)
    Again. We can't win not because of our team, but rather the teams we played.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Would have been interesting for them to site some data, analysis, facts etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
        Would have been interesting for them to site some data, analysis, facts etc.
        It might be interesting, but it would totally ruin their claim.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Again. We can't win not because of our team, but rather the teams we played.
          It's such a backwards argument. You can argue that you aren't sure about them because they haven't proven themselves to you. But to say that they won't win because they haven't been tested, whatever that's supposed to mean, is a joke.

Comment

• Katz corner with coach Qued up

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
            "Valley-shaking, nation-waking 29-game win streak." - Paul Suellentrop, The Wichita Eagle

Comment

• I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Was just watching NBCSN's "Sports Dash" show and they had Kenny Smith on to talk about the Knicks and preview the NCAA Tournament. When asked who he had winning it all he said he hadn't gotten much free time to sit down and fill out his bracket, but he thinks WSU is being underrated by many around the country. He said "Wichita has the best chance to win it because you don't win by your name, you win by how you play the game"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                  They'll learn. They'll learn. Mr. Fred will teach 'em.
                  Some nice love from Kenny Smith just now..." Best team in the Midwest"

Comment

The worst part is that we've been relegated to being lumped in with those two teams.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Therapy View Post
                      It's such a backwards argument. You can argue that you aren't sure about them because they haven't proven themselves to you. But to say that they won't win because they haven't been tested, whatever that's supposed to mean, is a joke.
                      I feel like I'm having flashbacks to the BCS title game. Same arguments. Ignore the advanced stats, blame "lack of close games" and competition.

I hope Kentucky/Louisville/etc. aren't able to steal our signs in the first half.

i keep thinking back to Marshall's speech last year regarding the team that wants it more winning. I don't think we're going to have many games where we don't want it more.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I thought this was hilarious. Includes a Wichita State mention.

Comment

• Forbes.com - Why Wichita State Will go 40-0 and Put the Madness Back Into March Madness

Comment

• I hadn't seen this one posted yet. SI.com's survival bracket is up. You can read the article if you want to see the formula/methodology they use to determine this. The Shockers rank 4th in their model, having their 4th highest percentage of winning it all, but this bracket doesn't have them advancing past the Sweet 16, due to the matchup with Louisville.

Had the selection committee done a better job of balancing the bracket, Wichita State would likely have been in our Final Four. The 34-0 Shockers ranked fourth in the survival model due to their combination of efficiency, experience and consistency. In fact, they were the most consistent No. 1 seed in our entire study sample from 2004-2014, based on standard deviations from average efficiency margin during the regular season.
                            SI Survival Bracket

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                              http://grantland.com/features/shane-...nd-dictionary/

I thought this was hilarious. Includes a Wichita State mention.

Wichita State (n.) — living proof that you can literally be perfect and still not meet the rigorous standards set by the more courageous members of the sports media.
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I know it't a best case/worst case scenario for each team, but I got the feeling Pat Forde thinks WSU will have an early exit..

NCAA tournament Midwest region: Dream and nightmare scenarios
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X