No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitch Holthus just gave an exceptional analysis of CU and WSU on BTL. He pointed out that everyone is swooning over CU this year with their success in the Big East when in reality they are basically the same team that was pushed by WSU last year in the Valley.
    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
      Mitch Holthus just gave an exceptional analysis of CU and WSU on BTL. He pointed out that everyone is swooning over CU this year with their success in the Big East when in reality they are basically the same team that was pushed by WSU last year in the Valley.
      actually think Creighton is a worse team this year
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        [img]http://i.imgur.com/dNLPd.gif[/imge
        Oh! I almost forgot!! There was an article about the Shockers being in the Final Four!! I can't find the link but I will post when my dial up connection stops hanging up when I search FidoNet.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          And your wife is a very credible source - I take her word over yours :)
          But does she have a good shot fake?
          Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
            actually think Creighton is a worse team this year
            These comparative stats from statSheet seem to affirm that thought. Looking at the conference comparisons also would perhaps allow someone to draw some conslusion about the Big East vs the Mo Valley?

"I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
              ESPN's Insider page -- Joe Lunardi's Bracket Odds -- now has WSU as the favorite to win the NCAA Tournament.

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...gy/predictions
              I am not an insider, but hasn't Lunardi stated several times that WSU should not be a #1 seed and favored others instead?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                I am not an insider, but hasn't Lunardi stated several times that WSU should not be a #1 seed and favored others instead?
                I think odds of winning are different than top overall seeding. So, while he may have favored others for seeding based on resume, The Shockers KenPom #s suggest that they are, in fact, the best team.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by shocksrbest View Post
                  The bracket odds are actually calculated for Lunardi by a site called TeamRankings.com
                  The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ege-basketball BR predicts FF
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                      Of course they also picked Creighton which considerably damages their credibility.
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ege-basketball keys elements in a Championship team
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          34 Perfectly Good Reasons Why Wichita State Will Win The National Championship

http://www.buzzfeed.com/danoshinsky/...e-nat?s=mobile
                          I never made it past the Tekele You slam. What was the rest of the article like?

Comment

• Thanks for the link. Short and sweet, and I loved it for all kinds of reasons. Just see my name. :D It let me relive fantastic memories while thinking about another fantastic season right now, and what's not to love about that?

Comment

• I don't think I've seen this video link posted here, if so, my bad.

John Thompson, Jr. Gives Props To Wichita State
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I'd expect coaches to love WSU, ShockBand, and to wish they could get their guys to play and conduct themselves the way the Shocks do. It's the occasional talking head (or other body part) trying to distinguish himself from the crowd where the trouble arises.

Comment

Working...
                                X