No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I broke my roadie win cherry in KC. Tis the season...
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockthemonkey View Post
      And you're going because?…
      Hell I'd go to, if there was ever a time to break a curse like that it would be this season.
      Luckily I know that my attendance won't affect anything other than my arrest record if someone Bradley fan mouths off to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
        The man is entitled to his opinion. The team will just have to win out and prove him wrong. What makes him think Bradley is the one? It's not like they are exactly tearing up the court lately.
        Because it is our "best" chance to lose the rest of the season.

Hell, with only a 93% chance to win, I don't know who you couldn't bet against WSU...
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          Luckily I know that my attendance won't affect anything other than my arrest record if someone Bradley fan mouths off to me.
          We're going to need an AAR about the Nachos.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

• I really hope we are on the regular ESPN with the MoState game.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...k-smart-stupid

*******. Hilarious. Double-down. No, wait, quadruple-down! Wait, can I do more? Octuple-down!!!!!! I'll look like a genius!
                Octoman ******* continues to hang in there -- in this week's ESPN power rankings, WSU (third overall, as everywhere else) is either second (two votes), third (6x), or (where else from Octoman?) eighth. Obviously, all those other band members are marching out of step.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                  Here's a lengthy read about the history of undefeated teams, with plenty of material about WSU and Syracuse this season.

The Immortals
                  Chill bumps.
                  "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

• Here's some media anti-love. I was listening to the local sports talk show here in Omaha this afternoon. They were interviewing one of the local sports writers here and the subject was Creighton in the NCAA tourney. They were talking about a the possibility of a 1 or 2 seed for CU. The writer was talking about the Shox will be a 1 seed because the Valley is so bad that they'll be undefeated. He went on that Creighton knows they would beat WSU by at least 10 points because they beat them last year. So that's already one #1seed they know they would beat. He wasn't as sure about the other #1s but that Creighton should be in the conversation about a 1 seed but definitely no worse than a 2. He also thinks Creighton will dominate in recruiting if they make a run in the tourney. He apparently forgot that McDermott is a mediocre recruiter. He didn't even recruit Doug when he was Iowa State coach. Great eye for talent there. That's one reason he got fired at ISU. He couldn't get players. Creighton is going to be Evansville next year after Dougie, Wragge and Gibbs leave. An entire roster of fringe mid major players.

This is the kind of crap I get to listen to every day around here. Stuff like "Creighton would be undefeated with WSUs schedule but we wouldn't need overtime to beat Mo State". Welcome to Omaha!

I couldn't resist calling their show and saying "the New Big East" is just another mid major conference after UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Louisville bolted. How else can you explain basically the same Creighton team that lost 5 games in the "crappy" MVC last year is dominating the Big East.
                    That really fired 'em up. They're big comeback was the Shox are a fraud and had an easy draw to the final four.
                    Last edited by Zubcut; February 18, 2014, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zubcut View Post
                      Here's some media anti-love. I was listening to the local sports talk show here in Omaha this afternoon.
                      That was your first mistake....

Comment

• Ask them how they lost to GW and St Joe then.

Also if CU wanted WSU's schedule they shouldn't have bolted for the new mid major.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
                          Ask them how they lost to GW and St Joe then.

Also if CU wanted WSU's schedule they shouldn't have bolted for the new mid major.
                          Yup.

After another spectacular one weekend of playing in the tournament, the real show will begin next season. The anticipation is killing me.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Here's some media anti-love. I was listening to the local sports talk show here in Omaha this afternoon. They were interviewing one of the local sports writers here and the subject was Creighton in the NCAA tourney. They were talking about a the possibility of a 1 or 2 seed for CU. The writer was talking about the Shox will be a 1 seed because the Valley is so bad that they'll be undefeated. He went on that Creighton knows they would beat WSU by at least 10 points because they beat them last year. So that's already one #1seed they know they would beat. He wasn't as sure about the other #1s but that Creighton should be in the conversation about a 1 seed but definitely no worse than a 2. He also thinks Creighton will dominate in recruiting if they make a run in the tourney. He apparently forgot that McDermott is a mediocre recruiter. He didn't even recruit Doug when he was Iowa State coach. Great eye for talent there. That's one reason he got fired at ISU. He couldn't get players. Creighton is going to be Evansville next year after Dougie, Wragge and Gibbs leave. An entire roster of fringe mid major players.

This is the kind of crap I get to listen to every day around here. Stuff like "Creighton would be undefeated with WSUs schedule but we wouldn't need overtime to beat Mo State". Welcome to Omaha!

I couldn't resist calling their show and saying "the New Big East" is just another mid major conference after UConn, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Louisville bolted. How else can you explain basically the same Creighton team that lost 5 games in the "crappy" MVC last year is dominating the Big East.
                            That really fired 'em up. They're big comeback was the Shox are a fraud and had an easy draw to the final four.
                            I agree totally. It isn't fun having to work with a these crazy sCUm fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Here's a lengthy read about the history of undefeated teams, with plenty of material about WSU and Syracuse this season.

The Immortals
                              Great article.

Really love this photo from it:

That should say as much as anything else about why these guys are still undefeated.
                              Originally posted by BleacherReport
                              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

They've been playing WSU's schedule for years and have never even come close to an undefeated season.

Meh. WSU had the harder nonconference schedule, and Creighton lost two neutral site games before the conference season even began. It's silly hometown radio babbling with no substance.

Creighton IS a very good team this year. I can see them deserving a #2 seed if they finish strong. They would have to go undefeated the rest of the way to even be in the conversation for a #1 seed, though. Creighton fans of all people should know going undefeated in the Valley would be a tremendous accomplishment since they've never done it. And no Creighton fan should be taking ANY NCAA tournament win for granted, considering they've never won two straight in the entire history of their basketball program. But I wish them the best regardless.
                                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Working...
                                X