Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    From the NY Times article:

We beat St. Louis when they were unranked, so we don't have a win over a ranked team. BYU beat Texas when Texas was unranked, so BYU's W over Texas was not a win against a ranked team.

I think I'm starting to figure this out.
    That is an amazingly ignorant way of writing that by NYT.

Who cares if they were ranked then? It only matters where you are ranked now. It's not like Saint Louis wasn't as good then, and just became good because voters finally decided to rank them.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• It's amazing how badly certain media types try to distort things. It's amazing how much brainwashing is done by BCS-affiliated conferences. Because in the end, it's all about the $$$$.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• A good piece from Bleacher Report:

Inside Wichita State's Pursuit of Perfection

And here's a telling picture from the article where Zags fans thought their golden boy got fouled by Baker . . . CLEAN!

Comment

• There were a lof of mentions of the Shox' "cojones". It's "cAjones". If you're going to talk about a team's cajones, at least have the cajones to spell it right.

Other than that, a very fine article.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            There were a lof of mentions of the Shox' "cojones". It's "cAjones". If you're going to talk about a team's cajones, at least have the cajones to spell it right.

Other than that, a very fine article.
            Ummm ... cojones is correct.
            Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker85 View Post
              Ummm ... cojones is correct.
              I've heard it both ways.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I watched the second half of the Syracuse game last night a didn't see one mention or graphic of "Undefeated" teams. I believe that I did hear the reference "And Syracuse will stay perfect" or "Syracuse will remain undefeated" a few times.

Did anyone else see or hear us mentioned during this game? If not I think it's strange that it when from being so prominent to nothing immediately after Arizona lost. You would like it would be more prominent with only two teams vying for that title of the last unbeaten.

Comment

• Cajones means furniture drawers or Peruvian box drums.

Cojones is correct.

Lo siento. Back to basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                    A good piece from Bleacher Report:

Inside Wichita State's Pursuit of Perfection

And here's a telling picture from the article where Zags fans thought their golden boy got fouled by Baker . . . CLEAN!

Damn good article. About time somebody in the media got the story right!

Comment

• Jay Bilas, Jan. 30, "The Shockers do not just have a goal, they seem to have a mission. Just going by personnel, I favor five teams ahead of Wichita State. On toughness and grit alone, I favor none above the Shockers. It wouldn't be a shock to see them in Dallas."

Jay Bilas and Jeff Goodman offer up their updated Final Four picks, and discuss the best wing players in the country. They also debate which is the better Iowa basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Capitol Shock II View Post
                        Damn good article. About time somebody in the media got the story right!
                        And it was BR that got it right. What a crazy world we live in. That was probably the best article about the Shockers in the last 2 months.
                        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

• SWEEEEEET

Comment

• WUSHOCK is on the top of the SC sidebar ticker right now with the caption underneath saying "WHO STAYS PERFECT?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                              And it was BR that got it right. What a crazy world we live in. That was probably the best article about the Shockers in the last 2 months.
                              That's because Jason King, KC resident formerly of ESPN, is now their college basketball editor. BR is much better these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
                                WUSHOCK is on the top of the SC sidebar ticker right now with the caption underneath saying "WHO STAYS PERFECT?"
                                Need you to help the handicapped, what is "SC" that is mentioned?

Comment

Working...
                                X