No announcement yet.

Wichita State media love thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140 Click on Jon Sundvold WSU starts at 4:40
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140 Click on Jon Sundvold WSU starts at 4:40
      I'm positive that when our guys walked into Allen Field House they didn't give a **** about anyone else or if anyone recognized them.
      Also I don't mind K.K. but he kinda glossed over Ron's politically correct answer. Oh well. KK continues to say all the correct things.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
        Jeff ******* on 810 says that WSU will lose multiple games in the valley. Multiple? Really?
        He also said ISUb needs to get Odum healthy. It sounds like he looked at the box score and just assumed Odum wasn't right.
        And that was after he was talking about all the road games left for WSU. Like we aren't the best road team in the nation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosewood View Post
          He also said ISUb needs to get Odum healthy. It sounds like he looked at the box score and just assumed Odum wasn't right.
          And that was after he was talking about all the road games left for WSU. Like we aren't the best road team in the nation.
          Possession of current facts has never been his strong suit.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I'm so sick of the KC media...acting like it doesn't help KState to play us...Com'on man.

You Shocker fans up there have more patience than I.

Comment

On the telecast before the game started one of the commentators said that he had been told that Odum was not 100%. Didn't say what was wrong, just that he was not100%.

Comment

I'm positive that when our guys walked into Allen Field House they didn't give a **** about anyone else or if anyone recognized them.
                Also I don't mind K.K. but he kinda glossed over Ron's politically correct answer. Oh well. KK continues to say all the correct things.
                For what it's worth, if our guys wanted to be recognized as WSU players, they would have worn something that said WSU on it. Instead they respected the fact they were at a KU home game. If you're going to report on something like that, at least get the whole story before opening your mouth. And he didn't just gloss over the politically correct answer that was given, he actually said one of players said something about the KU players being really young, etc. (which was said by Nick I believe) but didn't go on with Ron's answer because that would have made our guys look really good and intelligent and we couldn't have that now could we. You have to report something that makes it seem like we think we are SO much better than KU so your KU fans will keep listening to them. And then people wonder how the hate spreads among the fan bases.

Comment

• Originally posted by ICTShockerFan View Post
                  I'm so sick of the KC media...acting like it doesn't help KState to play us...Com'on man.

You Shocker fans up there have more patience than I.
                  I don't know....getting beat down by both DI schools in the state probably doesn't help them much...

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    For what it's worth, if our guys wanted to be recognized as WSU players, they would have worn something that said WSU on it. Instead they respected the fact they were at a KU home game. If you're going to report on something like that, at least get the whole story before opening your mouth. And he didn't just gloss over the politically correct answer that was given, he actually said one of players said something about the KU players being really young, etc. (which was said by Nick I believe) but didn't go on with Ron's answer because that would have made our guys look really good and intelligent and we couldn't have that now could we. You have to report something that makes it seem like we think we are SO much better than KU so your KU fans will keep listening to them. And then people wonder how the hate spreads among the fan bases.
                    It was a strange point to make that they probably expected people to recognize them when nobody really cares who they are. My first thought was that if they wanted people to recognize them they would have rolled in wearing Shocker gear as well. But for what it's worth, ESPN ceetainly did recognize them. I just didn't understand why the comment about them wanting to be seen was necessary.
                    "We can't win at home. We can't win on the road. As the general manager, I just can't figure out where else to play." -Pat Williams

Comment

On the telecast before the game started one of the commentators said that he had been told that Odum was not 100%. Didn't say what was wrong, just that he was not100%.
                      Neither was Baker! And he performed well.
                      "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                      ---------------------------------------
                      Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                      "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                      "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Wasn't he the player a couple years ago with plantar fasciitis? That tends to never go away, so maybe he had another recent minor flareup.

Comment

After playing almost 3/4 of a season is there ANY player anywhere that is 100%?

Comment

• Originally posted by jpshocker View Post
                            It was a strange point to make that they probably expected people to recognize them when nobody really cares who they are. My first thought was that if they wanted people to recognize them they would have rolled in wearing Shocker gear as well. But for what it's worth, ESPN ceetainly did recognize them. I just didn't understand why the comment about them wanting to be seen was necessary.
                            They are KU guys and think everyone should WANT to be seen with the elite KU crowd. I personally think KU is a great team (I know there are those on this board that hate everything KU but I am not one.) Why do you have to hate the players? They had nothing to do with the Administration's policies toward WSU. I do however understand the dislike for some (and I repeat some) KU posters. But we have our airheads as well. Anyway, back to these so-called media guys. They are going to report everything slanted to make KU look good. They said some very negative and untrue things about our guys being there. They should have listened to the entire interview instead of only picking out the parts that, reported out of context, make our guys look bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140 Click on Jon Sundvold WSU starts at 4:40
                              I can't get this to work. Using iPhone. Any tips.

Comment

• Originally posted by wuhog View Post
                                I can't get this to work. Using iPhone. Any tips.
                                No tips, sorry. But if you listen to it you will probably start a slow boil particularly if you saw the tv interview (which apparently these jokers didn't).

Comment

Working...
                                X