WSU versus Tulsa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GHSS ‏@TulsaGHSS 1h
    Hey Tulsa fans, don't let Wichita State fans outnumber you tonight for Tulsa-WSU Men's BB game. Should be exciting. CALL NOW FOR TICKETS.

Sounds like this blue-out isn't happening...

Comment

Originally posted by WUs Your Daddy View Post
      Anybody have a good link to watch online? Didn't look like the Tulsa site was streaming it and I couldn't find it on CBS.
      Other than ESPN3, not aware of one yet. Check in at game time and someone may have a streaming link at that time.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Shockers will finally show Danny manning what a real basketball team from Kansas is all about. Shockers win by 17

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
          Other than ESPN3, not aware of one yet. Check in at game time and someone may have a streaming link at that time.
          It is not going to be on ESPN3.

It is on the new-ish CBS Sports Network, which I don't think is terribly common yet unless your are spending pretty decent coin every month on your cable package. Alternatively, CBS has an ESPN3 wanna-be, paid subscriber system called Ulive. The WSU-TU game is listed on the Ulive itinerary for tonight. I believe I saw the cheapest option was a month's subscription for $18, if you really have to watch the game tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

It is on the new-ish CBS Sports Network, which I don't think is terribly common yet unless your are spending pretty decent coin every month on your cable package. Alternatively, CBS has an ESPN3 wanna-be, paid subscriber system called Ulive. The WSU-TU game is listed on the Ulive itinerary for tonight. I believe I saw the cheapest option was a month's subscription for $18, if you really have to watch the game tonight.
            Looks like you are correct. When I looked on ESPN Scores app the other night, I thought it said CCSN, which I interpreted as Cox,and Cox games are often broadcat over ESPN3. Now it says CBSSN.
            Last edited by jocoshock; November 20, 2013, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I could see this being a dangerous game for the Shocks, and even more so if Carter is hampered or unable to play.

What I have never understood is why schools who call themselves Hurricane(s) avoid the colors of the warning flags: e.g., Miami with its tropical green and orange, or Tulsa with blue and gold, of all things. Gee, why not purple and white and be the Purple Hurricanes? Or better still, why not just use the flags in your scheme, wear red and black, and be real Hurricanes? What's so difficult about that, marketing guys?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                I could see this being a dangerous game for the Shocks, and even more so if Carter is hampered or unable to play.

What I have never understood is why schools who call themselves Hurricane(s) avoid the colors of the warning flags: e.g., Miami with its tropical green and orange, or Tulsa with blue and gold, of all things. Gee, why not purple and white and be the Purple Hurricanes? Or better still, why not just use the flags in your scheme, wear red and black, and be real Hurricanes? What's so difficult about that, marketing guys?
                What's worse is double entendre that could be implied using the word "Golden" with any form of precipitation... eeeeeuuuwww

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                  Jake White was pretty durable.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    I can't be the only Shocker fan who has had thoughts of JW recently, in light of our current post production. I remember the thrust around here being something about him being a nice kid that just wasn't quite to the level of being a contributor. Would love to have seen how he would have worked out. Certainly couldn't be much worse than our bigs' individual average performances thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Someone on this board said that Jake White blew out his knee.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                        Someone on this board said that Jake White blew out his knee.
                        Hate to hear this news; Jake posted this on twitter today:

"Jake White @chaskahawk50 Surgery today"
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Eric Hamilton is a Shocker. Just the kind of good ju-ju I needed heading in to tonight.

Comment

• Apparently this is the call in show for a KU game... Thanks Doug.
                            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

Who are the announcers? I am sure as heck not paying $18 for Haertl and Stevens. Honestly you can't beat Mike on the radio so I am going to kick it old school tonight at the price of ticket.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Go Shox!
                                76-59

Comment

Working...
                                X