WSU versus Tulsa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU versus Tulsa predictions and pregame discussions

Here's the deal. What a worthy rival from many moons afar we have in Tusla. Last night, Smith and Harrison combined for 40 points in their 96-93 loss to Missouri St. which now makes their record 0-2. Not so fast!!! Never do we take this game for granted no matter what the oddsmakers think. The Shocks seem to again be a 2nd half team as we were so often last Season? Are we still road warriors similar to the past 3 Seasons? Stay tuned but this we do know. Tulsa will not score 96 points against our stingy Defense. However, they will be pressing for a much needed win which makes them a potential menace.

What is a team to do when FVV and Baker shoot 4-18? Enter Exhibit A. and B. Our Instant Defensive gem, Tekele Cotton, our 3rd point guard for "count them" 18 smackers along with our our instant offensive connection, Nick Wiggins who lead a 31 point bench production with 12 points of his own. Exhibit C was "Never late Early" with 16 points, 7-bounds, and blocked 2 shots. Now back to Exhibit A. Even though FVV and Baker were not hitting as many shots as usual, did this stop their leadership? Never!!! Baker had 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and 0 turnovers, while Fred added 6 assists and 4 steals. You like? Which guard will lead our team in assists and steals? Dunno because it will be close. Mr. Cotton will be a leader in steals and we love the way he moves his feet on defense.

Last but not least, Carter is developing and is becoming more consistent with his 9 points and 4 bounds while Coleby added 5 points and 8 rebounds but had 3 turnovers. Once we get these 2 bigs clicking with consistency along with Early, then we will become the team we all are wishing for. These are among the games we Must win but don't expect a cake walk. Even so, if Tulsa sows the wind, they will reap the black and yellow whirlwind.

Hurricanes--------------65

Wind Tunnel Whirlwind --74
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Gene Smithson 84,
    Nolan Richardson 67

Comment

I'm slightly worried about this game. Tulsa is young but they have some athletes.

I would have chalked this up as a double-digit road win before the season began. Now, at least at this point in the season and from what I've witnessed so far, it's a 50/50 toss-up.

#16 WSU 69
      TU 67
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

We still haven't smoked anyone yet, so I will continue to double down until we do. Very little information and facts are factoring into my predictions. They are more like wishful thinking as I cling to the hope that we really are a good team.

WSU - 82
        Tulsa - 59

Comment

Wheat Shockers 70
          Golden Hurricane 65

Comment

I really admire the interchangeable parts of a GM coached team. I just haven't figured out if he uses Spacely Sprockets or Cogswell Cogs.

Waving Wheat 81

Meteorological Impossibility 68

Comment

Lets hope the same refs doing the swomo and tulsa game aren't doing this one....

Comment

Thinking this game will be much different.

Shockers -- 102
                Hurricane -- 90

Comment

Road warriors - 74
                  Hurricanes - 62
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
                    Even though FVV and Baker were not hitting as many shots as usual, did this stop their leadership? Never!!! Baker had 7 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals and 0 turnovers, while Fred added 6 assists and 4 steals.
                    Statistically it was his 4 gripes, 3 complaints, and 1 tirade that really stood out to me, even though he did get 2 ref chewin's. That left him with a G/R ratio of a very respectable 2. Well done, Baker. Well done.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Thinking this game will be much different.

Shockers -- 102
                      Hurricane -- 90
                      Whoa.
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                        I'm slightly worried about this game. Tulsa is young but they have some athletes.

I would have chalked this up as a double-digit road win before the season began. Now, at least at this point in the season and from what I've witnessed so far, it's a 50/50 toss-up.

#16 WSU 69
                        TU 67
                        This....

If you watched the MSU game, it was kamikaze basketball. The only hope for any double digit win is go on the attack and get them into foul trouble before they do it to us. The score might be higher, but the margin of victory will be razor thin.
                        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                          This....

If you watched the MSU game, it was kamikaze basketball. The only hope for any double digit win is go on the attack and get them into foul trouble before they do it to us. The score might be higher, but the margin of victory will be razor thin.
                          Don't under estimate the preparation of our coaching staff and the willingness of our team to carry out that preparation.

Time to "Play Angry" Shockers.

Comment

Golden Waterworks 76
                            Golden Waves of Wheat, and I do mean waves....84

I think Tulsa will push a little and draw several fouls, but simply run out of gas (quality players) against the depth.
                            Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Geographically appropriate 76
                              Geographically challenged 69
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                              X