No announcement yet.

WSU versus Tulsa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulsa fans are stretching on the trailing during the second half point. Technically correct but it's usually not used when the team is down at halftime and only trails during the first minute of the second half.

Comment

It's clear this team is not capable of giving me my desired 30 point plus margin of victory (unless we are playing a D2 squad). Anyway, we'll be down by halftime, and will have to scratch and claw our way to a 73 - 67 victory. Onward and upward...

As a side note, we'll finish the non-con 9-4 and the season at 23 - 8. We will then win in St. Lou and lose in the third round of the NCAA tournament. The message boards will then be full of talk about GM heading to Texas.

Comment

Shockers - 75
        Golden Hurricanes - 62

The Shox come out with a renewed energy, toughness, and focus.

Comment

All I know is a good friend of mine is the official DJ of the mens basketball team and Ive been bagging on him all weekend that we were gonna get up in that ass. Please don't let me down I have to go down there Saturday hah

Comment

Wichita State - 92
            Tulsa - 58

Tulsa is one of those teams who seem to be having a problem adjusting to the new rules and I think we're going to start blowing people out eventually. It's just a matter of picking when it's going to happen, I think a road game with a bunch of Shocker fans is as good as a time as any.

Comment

I've greatly overestimated our winning advantage on the last three games so why should I switch now?

Wheatshockers - 85

Hurricanes - 59

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                There are some confident people in Tulsa.

One thing, we're a lot better than what we've shown also.
                I know I'm leery about the game, but defending WSU for a second, considering the recent history in the series, the rankings of both teams, the direction both programs have headed over the decade, there is NO way in hell a Tulsa fan has any right to be ending sentences with "periods". None. At all. Period.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Shockers 74 Tulsa 69

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    It's clear this team is not capable of giving me my desired 30 point plus margin of victory (unless we are playing a D2 squad). Anyway, we'll be down by halftime, and will have to scratch and claw our way to a 73 - 67 victory. Onward and upward...

As a side note, we'll finish the non-con 9-4 and the season at 23 - 8. We will then win in St. Lou and lose in the third round of the NCAA tournament. The message boards will then be full of talk about GM heading to Texas.
                    They'll beat Tulsa AND still lose 4 non conference games? lol

Comment

Its the rarefied air he breathes.

Comment

I'll give you 4 games WSU could very well lose: BYU, SLU, 'Bama, Tennessee. I don't think all 4 end up loses, but those are very difficult games considering SLU & 'Bama are true road games. This team is far from dominant against low quality teams, not sure how some fans expect the team to be dominant against the best competition on the schedule. Time will tell, and I hope the optomists are 100% correct, but critisizing anyone who lays out 4 non-con losses is quite foolish considering the play of this team at this time.
                        -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Dominating isn't the point of basketball. Winning is. At this point of the year I hope the team is more focused on improving as a team than the point spread.

Comment

Tulsa put up a lot at Missouri State the other night. I want to see good, solid defense from the Shox. Do that and we win goin' away.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                                Dominating isn't the point of basketball. Winning is. At this point of the year I hope the team is more focused on improving as a team than the point spread.
                                Correct, and I whole heartedly agree.

I should not have used "dominant" against better competition, but expecting a win with out a doubt, is something this fan is not ready to do just yet. Not until that improvement is displayed on the court. Its not far off, but the kids don't have long to get there either.
                                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X