WSU versus Tulsa predictions and pregame discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize they were so close in population.
    Metro wise the differential gap is much larger. Tulsa is a lot bigger metro area.

Comment

Shox win with relative ease, 83-67

Comment

Tulsa metro is about 950,000. Wichita metro is about 625,000.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think that the Shocks getting away from the frivolity and frolicking of Koch Arena will be a good thing at this juncture. I expect that they will be all business against TU. 75-64 Shockers
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
            Could the ones who are predicting a close game give the reasoning behind it ? Is it because you feel the Shox aren't playing well ? or Tulsa is good ? Just curious.
            A little bit of all of the above. Cant necessarily say Tulsa is a good team yet, but they are athletic, quick, physical, and have multiple guys capable of taking it to the hole.

As I have stated before, they were playing kamikaze ball against MoSt. More than 60 fouls were committed in the 2.5 hour game.

Since the Shox have not faced a game like that yet, coupled with not knowing how our bigs,in paticular, will handle that, I personally think it will be an ugly, close game.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
              Tulsa metro is about 950,000. Wichita metro is about 625,000.
              95-62 # play angry # Hammertime
              For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
              - said no one ever...

Comment

What's the odds of FVV and Baker having two bad shooting games in a row? If FVV and Baker have a good shooting game, it's an easy win.

Comment

SHOX-78
                  Golden Hurricane-69
                  "Ralph Miller was one of the finest coaches in the history of intercollegiate basketball. His teams were always fundamentally sound, team oriented, well conditioned, and ran both their offense and defense with great patience. I know of no coach whose teams competed against his, whether it be at Wichita State, Iowa, or Oregon State, who did not have great respect for him."—John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post
                    SHOX-78
                    Golden Hurricane-69
                    I am going to the game. As I recall their arena seats around 8500. Any predictions on how many shocker fans vs TU fans will be there?

Comment

Originally posted by Overtime View Post
                      I am going to the game. As I recall their arena seats around 8500. Any predictions on how many shocker fans vs TU fans will be there?
                      I thought the last time we played there, there were more WSU fans than TU fans.

Comment

WSU 78 Tulsa 66

Comment

Wichita "EF5" State - 91
                          University of Tulsa "Category 1" - 74

Comment

I predict we let them hit a 3 at the buzzer at half time to take a 1 point lead on us. But in the 2nd half, we play some scrappy ball to make it a 15 point win. Something like that...

Shox - 75
                            Tulsa - 60

Comment

WSU 76
                              Wind 70
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

There are some confident people in Tulsa.

1). We are better than what we've shown thus far.

2). WSU has struggled to some degree trailing in the second half in its last three games against heavyweights Tenn State, Wiiliam & Mary and Western Ky.

3). We get this game at home.

We will win this....period.
                                One thing, we're a lot better than what we've shown also.

Comment

Working...
                                X