Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU versus William and Mary predictions and pregame discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
    yeah, but he's no marcus armstrong.
    Few are....

Perhaps none.
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

WSU 76
      WMU 64
      Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
        Is anybody else bothered by the lack of real contribution of Darius Carter and Wessel? I certainly expected more from both players and I haven't seen anything yet from Carter to make me think he's going to be a huge contributor to this year's team.

But Coleby certainly looks to be the real deal and I can see him at least keep us even in terms of the loss of Carl. He doesn't have the physical presence that Carl had but Coleby more than makes up for that with his great hands and offense.

Shox 81
        Tribe 49
        I'm more surprised about Carter than Wessel. I thought Carter would be a Carl Hall clone and he hasn't shown anything on the rebounding front yet. Also, he needs to have more than a 10' hook shot to be an effective post player. I hope he figures it out. Regarding Wessel, he got too much praise for being our leading 3 point shooter (percentage-wise) before the injury. Keep in mind, he was only starting becuase Cotton was banged up to start the year. He's a scrapper but he's not the type of guy to carry the team - he's filling in just fine.

Comment

Looks like Mark Ewing is doing the play by play on 22 instead of the Bruce tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            If the front court doesn't rebound better FVV might get 10 rebounds, too.
            FVV is a legitimate threat to get a double double from points, assists, steals, or rebounds on any given night. He'll get a triple double some time while he's here.
            FreshVV
            FlexibleVV

Comment

Keep an eye on Marcus Thornton from William and Mary tonight. I can't remember which game I watched last season but this guy stood out BIG TIME. His drives to the basket are effortless and he was able to get good looks.
              Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

I get the feeling this one will be interesting. Do the Shocks chose to chase the motion offense all night, or work on a zone? It's hard to block the back door layups when your 5 is standing on the 3pt. line.

Shocks 75
                W&M 62

Best part of this game, the wife and I are making the drive and get to see it in person.
                Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

Never like posting too much about why we will handle an opponent easily, but I wanted to say the AF comparisons are a bit of a stretch. AF had an rpi of 79 last year--about 200 lower than W&M--we were on the road, and it was at altitude. I doubt this team is going to be to be near the team of a few years 2009-10 which took UNC to the wire in the first round of the NIT, one of the post season highlights for me that year. The quirky offense might give us some trouble early but I think we'll lead by double digits a lot of the way. Honestly if it is a tougher test I wouldn't mind (provided we come away with the W).
                  Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I don't think it'll be too much problem. We will do the nuisance press thing to eat well into their shot clock. If the athletic disparity is what I think it is, we'll be fine.

Comment

I don't care how much we win by. We just need to play well and get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                        Keep an eye on Marcus Thornton from William and Mary tonight. I can't remember which game I watched last season but this guy stood out BIG TIME. His drives to the basket are effortless and he was able to get good looks.
                        If you can't find him, he will be the one that Tekele is shadowing.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          If you can't find him, he will be the one that Tekele is shutting down.
                          Fixed
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Not the best place for this, but the game will be televised on Time Warner in Kansas City on the Metro Sports Channel - channel 30..

GO SHOX!!
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Angry Yellow Rage: 81

Wig wearing redcoats: 49
                              "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
                              CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Spread of 16.5. I'll take the Shox and the points.

Comment

Working...
                                X