Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WSU versus William and Mary predictions and pregame discussions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
    So if we all think we're gonna trounce this team, why was it chosen as one of those "must-watch games?" I'm not saying you all are wrong, I'm still confused why this one is a must-watch...

(http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...-next-Thursday)

Shox - 80
    Willy and Mary - 57
    Because the Shockers are always Must-Watch.

Comment

I think Air Force may be more athletic than Bill and Mimi but their offense will slow the game down. I look for a win but it may be low scoring. Go Shox

Comment

Please Sir, more Drive, Dish, Oop, Dunk

Playing Angrier Every Day 71
        Bob, Carol, Ted & Alice 45
        Last edited by I_Vector_Wu; November 13, 2013, 10:22 AM.

Comment

WSU 72

WaM 57

Comment

Angries 79
            Marys 52

Comment

There is a lot about winning your first game against a decently legitimate opponent that goes a long way to remove jitters. You can only gain so much experience and confidence from beating an NAIA and a D2. Handling WKU will put a lot of confidence into the tank and the players will feel a lot more comfortable with where they are at now.

Add that to a couple days worth of rebounding focus in practice. The post players will come out strong and ready in this one. Coach will have demanded it.

Comment

The next few weeks are a hoops feast for Shocker fans before the 1-game-a-week Finals/Holiday Doldrums set in. I am loving it.

Shockers 79,
                Tribe 53

I will also add that I love the way our schedule is built this year. The creampuffs are placed nicely before we hit the murderer's row of our non-con (DePaul, BYU, SLU, ORU, Tennessee and Alabama). That will be quite a stretch starting November 25 in KC and I'm glad we've got a couple easy ones before then to work out the kinks against.

Comment

I'd like to also throw out a bold prediction:

Fred VanVleet gets a double-double. 12pts, 10 assists.

Comment

Kadunk with 20 points and 1 rebound... Loses starting spot to Chadrack with 5 points and 9 bounds. :)

Carter goes 5/5, all hook shots

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      I'd like to also throw out a bold prediction:

Fred VanVleet gets a double-double. 12pts, 10 assists.
                      If the front court doesn't rebound better FVV might get 10 rebounds, too.

Comment

I'm hoping our offense looks more fluid and our frontcourt shines more. I'm really hoping the refs keep their whistles out of their freaking throats. It's absolutely ruining a lot of games so far.

William & Mary 50
                        Wichita State 71
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Game discussion from opponent board:

Comment

From what I gather from their discussion, they have a guy named Marcus. We need to keep an eye on that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              From what I gather from their discussion, they have a guy named Marcus. We need to keep an eye on that guy.
                              yeah, but he's no marcus armstrong.

Comment

Like others have said in this thread, I like the fact we're getting some "creampuffs" early in the schedule which allows HCGM to tinker with his lineup and give the new guys a chance to figure out the 3G way of playing Shocker basketball. That being said, there's nothing like playing some meaningful games against bona fide competition to truly improve team play. And maybe had we been playing the St. Louis and Alabama's right off the bat, ala KU-Duke or MSU-Kentucky, some of our new players would have played much better than they've shown thus far.

Is anybody else bothered by the lack of real contribution of Darius Carter and Wessel? I certainly expected more from both players and I haven't seen anything yet from Carter to make me think he's going to be a huge contributor to this year's team.

But Coleby certainly looks to be the real deal and I can see him at least keep us even in terms of the loss of Carl. He doesn't have the physical presence that Carl had but Coleby more than makes up for that with his great hands and offense.

Shox 81
                                Tribe 49

Comment

Working...
                                X