No announcement yet.

Poll Watch (2013-14 Edition)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found two more ballots so far. And together they look like good news for WSU. Doug Haller (who has not been friendly to WSU) improves the Shockers from 19 last week to 13 this week (a gain of 6 spots). He improves Baylor just one spot from 8 to 7 this week, He keeps Villanova at #6 (no gain), and he improves FL 2 spots from 10 to 8: http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/doughaller/2014/01/05/this-weeks-ap-top/

Rick Bozich improves the Shockers 2 spots, moving them from 10 to 8 this week. He improves Baylor one spot from 7 to 6, Villanova 4 spots from 14 to 10 and FL 2 spots from 9 to 7.:
    http://www.wdrb.com/story/24369367/b...ll-poll-ballot

Comment

• Geoff Grammer who had WSU @ #7 last week is having trouble where to put them this week. He tweeted this out earlier tonight: A few of the teams I'm having problems settling on before finalizing this week's T25 ballot... Wichita State, Louisville, Oklahoma State. In another tweet talking about WSU he said: Had them top 10 last week and will this week. Just not sure I can go much higher with them, but they keep winning.

I am guessing from this tweets that WSU probably won't improve on his ballot but could stay at #7.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
        I don't care how unimpressed with the team you are, winning a game in Allen Fieldhouse warrants well-deserved attention.
        Agreed. It was crazy loud in there from what I could tell from tv.

Comment

• Considering we are the only top 10 team with a SOS over 100 and the only team in the top 10 to not beat a ranked opponent, I'm enjoying the ride, poll mechanics and respect by some national media gurus. Let the free pub keep rolling in, and all the arguments we haven't played anyone roll off like water on a duck's back. My rebuttal to that crap is, "not our fault, no one wants to schedule us".

Comment

• Dave Borges has his ballot out. And there is some mixed news for WSU, but mostly good. The good news is that he improves the Shocks 2 spots from 10 last week to 8 this week. More good news, Baylor only improves one spot from 18 to 17, and FL only improves one spot from 13 to 12. The Bad news is that he improves Villanova from 15 last week to 10 this week, an improvement of 5 spots: http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Geoff Grammer has his ballot out now and it is actually bad news for WSU. He keeps WSU at #7, same as last week (calling this bad news is telling on what a great season the Shockers are having). He improves both Baylor and Villanova 4 spots, improving Baylor from 15 to 11 and Nova from 13 to 9. He also improves FL from 9 to 6 and gives SDSU the biggest jump I have seen so far from 23 to 10. This guy has had WSU ranked very high all year, so I can't really complain about him keeping WSU at 7, but his big improvements in the teams right behind WSU in the poll is not good: http://www.abqjournal.com/331709/spo...for-jan-6.html
              Last edited by shox1989; January 6, 2014, 02:20 AM.

Comment

• The worst news yet. Bret Strelow actually drops the Shockers one spot on his ballot! The Shocks drop from 11 last week to 12 this week. He improves Baylor 1 spot from 8 to 7, improves Nova 1 spot from 7 to 6, improves FL 2 spots from 10 to 8. He moved Iowa St, San Diego St, and Colorado in front of WSU. About the only good news on his ballot is that he has St. Louis at #25: http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/spo...a4bcf6878.html

Comment

• Based on the 6 ballots we have seen so far, it looks like Baylor, Nova, FL and Iowa St are all going to gain ground on WSU. WSU gained a total of 10 points over last week on the 6 ballots, Baylor gained 12 points, Villanova gained 18 points and Florida gained 11 points. Fortunately WSU is ahead of all of those teams and they have to gain on WSU to jump over them. If the remaining 59 ballots make similar changes as this sample size of 6 ballots, WSU will eek out #6 in the AP poll. But Villanova and/or Baylor could easily jump ahead of WSU. Florida has an outside chance as well but it is very unlikely since they have the most ground to make up and they only gained one more point than WSU on these 6 ballots (they would have to do a lot better on the remaining 59 ballots to pass up the Shockers).

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot View Post
                    I don't care how unimpressed with the team you are, winning a game in Allen Fieldhouse warrants well-deserved attention.
                    That was only the 9th loss in Allen Field House for a Bill Self team. SDSU will gey a TON of crefit for that win.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• I like that the only thing we have to worry about is where in the top 10 we'll be when the new poll comes out.

Comment

• This is what I hate about these polls. KU is ranked 16 but somebody beats them so now that team must be in the top 5? Stupid. Newsflash....KU is going to lose several more games this season.

Comment

• KU may lose to KSU this year.

San Diego State is good, though. Tough on defense. So is K State.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• WSU Will b #6 at end of the day but the schedule will be under and more scrutiny in the weeks to come. It's the American way, luv to build you up so they can tear you down.

Comment

• Funny how Iowa State almost looses to UNI in OT and WSU dominated them. But, my gosh Iowa State must be better than WSU cause WSU hasn't beat anyone good this year.

Comment

• 8. Wichita State (15-0, LW: No. 11): How many teams in the country have a better back court than the Shockers’ trio of Fred VanVleet, Ron Baker and Tekele Cotton? I’m not sure there are five.

Last week, I had Michigan State sitting at fifth behind four undefeated teams: Arizona, Syracuse, Wisconsin and Ohio State.
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X