WSU unanimous pick for first place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
    We cant have it both ways, folks. We ***** and moan 18 games a year about how we get held and grabbed, then we complain when they want to make the calls when this type of thing happens?
    Not the same thing. Every little bump and touch and breath is being called. Not everyone plays defense by clutching and grabbing. But if you look at the games so far, you would've thought everybody plays defense that way.

This is NOT the answer. This is just making a minor problem worse.

If you're a fan of 3 hour free throw contests and think that it's the answer, then I guess I see the point of your post.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WSU being selected unanimously is not a good thing. It means the Valley is much weaker without Creighton and even our own conference is willing to admit it. Consider this: Creighton did not leave the MVC because some new super conference was formed that they simply couldn't pass on. They left because a "good" conference was created and there has been no meaningful vision to elevate the MVC into a name brand conference. Instead there has only been appeasing the lowest common denominator. Time for new leadership with vision at the MVC commissioner position.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        WSU being selected unanimously is not a good thing. It means the Valley is much weaker without Creighton and even our own conference is willing to admit it. Consider this: Creighton did not leave the MVC because some new super conference was formed that they simply couldn't pass on. They left because a "good" conference was created and there has been no meaningful vision to elevate the MVC into a name brand conference. Instead there has only been appeasing the lowest common denominator. Time for new leadership with vision at the MVC commissioner position.
        I nominate Gene Stephenson.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
          I nominate Gene Stephenson.
          The man does have vision and St Lewis has a larger female base to pick from if one were so inclined.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            The only way tems like Evansville were preventing us from putting up 90 on them was by constantly hand-checking, bodying, and pushing guys with the ball. Now, they're not allowed to do that.

This rule change benefits teams with:
            -> Perimeter players who can penetrate
            -> A defensive presence (shot blocker) hanging out around the basket
            -> Athletic teams with some quickness to play position defense, instead of shoving and holding defense
            -> Teams that can hit FT's (until players adjust and stop fouling)

Just how is WSU going to be at any kind of disadvantage? This looks like it's going to be open season for Early, Wiggins, and VanVleet. Next year we've got a 6'7" guy coming in who's playing PG at Sunrise this year.

This might affect Cotton's defensive play, but he's a quick learner.

Early might go off for 20 every night - and that's from the FT line.
            In 25 minutes, TC had one block and ZERO fouls. I think his middle name might be "Elmer"
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
            X