WSU unanimous pick for first place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU unanimous pick for first place

http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketball/news/2013-14/6914/2013-14-mvc-mens-basketball-preseason-team-poll/?utm_content=buffer0334a&utm_source=buffer&utm_med ium=facebook&utm_campaign=Buffer

O
    nly twice unanimous picks in last 25 years
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Two weeks ago, I would have squawked at Odum being the best pg, but after that article about him, I can't help but like the kid. That level if talent and he just wants to ball out at home.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Since when do basketball teams have seven players? Must have been ties in the voting because otherwise, putting seven guys on an honors team (preseason, postseason, or otherwise) is dumb.
      78-65

Comment

Well it's in the third sentence from the very bottom of the entire article, but apparently the MVC DOES know who Tekele is. 'Bout time.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Since when do basketball teams have seven players? Must have been ties in the voting because otherwise, putting seven guys on an honors team (preseason, postseason, or otherwise) is dumb.
          Since WSU got two on the first team, they needed five more for the rest of the league.

:pirate:

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
            I'm pretty sure there must have been a 3 way tie for the fifth spot, because it is also odd that they only have 3 listed as honorable mention.

Comment

Had to do some research on this but do you guys know who the only two other Shockers to be on an MVC Preseason All Conference Team was since 2005-06 season?

Guess away
              ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
              www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

PJ Cousinard and Toure Murry?

Comment

That was a fun game while it lasted.
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Ron Baker interview at the Valley meeting. Starts at the 49 minute mark.

Hear from Missouri Valley Conference Basketball Student-Athletes, Coaches and more during the Basketball Tip Off event, Live from Chicago, IL
                    Last edited by jocoshock; October 30, 2013, 02:40 PM.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEo_Td2SU8
                      He talks to Cle at 55:15 (PM session).

Comment

Originally posted by bunck View Post
                        He talks to Cle at 55:15 (PM session).
                        LOVE these guys. Just fantastic young men. Best of all, they are Shockers!
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Amazing how that speech by AC and X about playing angry has carried over and they're still using it as a mantra. Good to hear that from Cle.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPEo_Td2SU8
                            Here is Baker's interview only.

Last edited by 1979Shocker; March 18, 2014, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                              Here's the link to watch Baker's interview only.

https://youtube.googleapis.com/v/oPE...206&autoplay=1
                              The media - even nationally - is showing lots of love for Baker, and that's only going to grow.

Q: If you could spend a day with any one person who would it be?
                              A: My grandmother isn't doing real well, so it would be her.

Q: Do you have any pre-game ritual you go through?
                              A: I call my Mom, and we don't talk about basketball.

There's going to be a lot of people wanting to get interviews with Ron in the next few years.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X