No announcement yet.

Toure Payday . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed on the 10th. Hopefully the Knicks wont do anything stupid

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
      Non-guaranteed contracts become guaranteed on the 10th. Hopefully the Knicks wont do anything stupid
      thats an oxymoron.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        thats an oxymoron.
        I have never thought of it before but is oxymoron where we get the phrase "dumb as an ox'?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
          I have never thought of it before but is oxymoron where we get the phrase "dumb as an ox'?
          No other nonhuman source has served as the basis for more metaphors than animals. Speaking of Animals is a dictionary of animal metaphors that are current in American English. It is comprehensive, historical, and metaphor-based. Each entry refers to the other dictionaries that catalog that same metaphor, and the dates of first appearance in writing are supplied, where possible, for both the metaphor and the name of the source. The main text is organized alphabetically by metaphor rather than by animal or animal behavior; all the metaphors are classified according to their animal source in a list at the end of the book.An animal metaphor is a word, phrase, or sentence that expresses a resemblance or similarity between someone or something and a particular animal or animal class. True metaphors are single words, such as the noun tiger, the verb hog, and the adjective chicken. Phrasal metaphors combine true metaphors with other words, such as blind tiger, hog the road, and chicken colonel. Other animal metaphors take the form of similes, such as like rats leaving a sinking ship and prickly as a hedgehog. Still others take the form of proverbs, such as Don't count your chickens before they hatch and Let sleeping dogs lie. The horse is the animal most frequently referred to in metaphors, followed closely by the dog. The Bible is the most prolific literary source of animal metaphors, followed closely by Shakespeare.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            "a figure conjoining words or terms apparently contradictory so as to give point to the… See origin and meaning of oxymoron.

Comment

• I thought that term applied to people with an addiction to painkillers.

Now I feel sharply stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                I thought that term applied to people with an addiction to painkillers.

Now I feel sharply stupid.
                But that does make more sense.

Comment

• T-shirts are in at Tad's. Now that I bought one, he'll probably get traded. . .

Comment

• According to the boxscore he got into the game, played zero minutes, and it's half way into the 3rd qtr.

Comment

• Ah, just noticed that Felton is back for the Knicks.

Comment

• Toure in now just scored
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• beautiful no look pas from Murry
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/search?q=toure%20murry&src=typd Gotta Start

Comment

• Lloydbanks ‏@Lloydbanks 22m
                              Toure Murry gotta start!
                              G-Unit members on board.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Is it bad that now I WANT the Knicks to release him so that the Spurs or the Heat will pick him up and actually play him?

Comment

Working...
                                X