Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I agree with all of your suggestions.

Branching out a bit, I know a lot of people can't stand Bruce Haertl, the sports anchor; Bruce Haertl, the play-by-play guy; Bruce Haertl, the Sports Daily guy, etc. I would agree with a few of those but one thing is certain.. Bruce wouldn't make that mistake. I've noticed since he left, WSU at times takes an interesting back seat, and it seems like it's more important to include KU and KSU as much as WSU in everything, even though WSU is the local team. Tonight, for example, there's a big ass game with the local Top 10 basketball team and it didn't even make the first segment, while the lead-ins are KU getting thrashed and KSU squeaking by South Dakota. I know those happened recently, but I guarantee you Bruce leads with the Shocks in that same situation. Grant is ok and I know everybody likes Ms. eye candy Jenn, but I feel WSU coverage has waned ever so slightly, during one of the highest, if not the highest times in Shocker basketball history.

But how the fudge do you not take the 2 seconds it takes to research the situation? Totally flipping unacceptable and highly irresponsible.

shox1989 may have a broken computer screen later on tonight when he finds this info out.
    My computer survived but my TV about got kicked in. How could this happen again? Hopefully this time the media will actually correct the mistake rather than keep repeating it like they did for the Tulsa game.

I agree with you about the WSU coverage on channel 12. Say what you will about Bruce, but at least he is a WSU guy. Since he left, I have definitely noticed more coverage for Ku and Kstate on channel 12 then there used to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
      I don't know. I don't live in the KWCH viewing area a majority of the year but when I am home it certainly seems as if it is all WSU all the time.
      That is pretty much the way it was when Bruce was sports director. Things have definitely changed since he left. Still a lot of WSU coverage but not as much as before, and you definitely see more ku and kstate coverage on 12 than you used to.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
        41 tickets sold since this post.

2501 remaining.

I'd guess we end up 700 seats short or so.
        It will be tough, they will have to sell an average of over 800 tickets a day. Still doable but tough. I remain cautiously optimistic that the game will sell out although people like Grant M. on channel 12 aren't helping.

There are only 27 tickets remaining on Stub Hub, starting at $57.99. There is only ONE lower bowl ticket on Stub Hub!.

The Gonzaga game still has 473 tickets left on Stub Hub. Now starting at just $9! I think they are in panic mode. There are still almost 3300 tickets left at Select-A-Seat including 168 lower bowl tickets. The available tickets haven't really moved at all for that game in the last 2 weeks (in spite of a ton of promotion).

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          New court for the game:

It is worth paying $12 just to see the new court!

Comment

• I miss Bruce on Channel 12 sports. I am currently looking for a new local news home. Maybe it's 3 or 10, perhaps I remain with 12. Don't know yet.
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• +1 on missing Bruce.
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                Grant Meech is a douche:

On Twitter: @KWCHGrant
                Turns out I was wrong - tickets still available. But don't tell anyone, better scalping price that way
                Ok, so how many people follow his Twitter? I'm guessing not many. I've always watched channel 12, but if this is how they correct misreporting facts I'll be finding another news channel. Believe it or not, this is going to make a huge difference on tickets sales these last few days. Anyone thinking about going isn't even going to look for tickets now if they watched that report last night.

Comment

• I may be in the minority but I think people are making too big of a deal whether this game sells out or not. This game will still draw a lot of people. Say 14,000+. That's still excellent attendance for a game; just look at attendance numbers for NCAA basketball last season. There are many neutral site court games that don't even come close to this.

The seats that are left are NOT the best for watching a game either. I hate missing games in person and would not pay $2 for one of the upper bowl seats when I could just watch it at home on a big screen, drink cheaper booze and sit on the couch. I don't fault anybody for not wanting to sit up there. I have tickets to Saturday's game but if they were not lower level, I would be staying home to watch.

And I don't think the NBA's exhibition game is a fair comparison. The NBA comes here once a year now and brings big names the Wichita crowd doesn't get to see on a regular basis if ever compared to Shocker basketball at Koch Arena.
                  ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                  www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    +1 on missing Bruce.
                    Ehh.... not me ,, never cared much for him ,,but to each their own
                    From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

• Grant Meech was at Larry Buds east for the midnight game . Must of been off work had a shocker shirt on and drinking a cold one. Still no excuse for reporting a sell out.

Comment

• Perhaps just the Christmas spirit bug has infected me.... But there many people in the world and indeed in the Wichita area who seek to be part of something bigger than themselves. They are willing to forgo their comforts and to support others and help them become their best. For some of those people, being part of the crowd cheering on the hometown team becomes that which they are seeking. In that frame of mind $12 is a certified bargain and there are no bad seats in the house.

Comment

• Got the word out on Twitter from my @ShockerHoops: account that tickets are not sold out contrary to local news reports. Gave a link to the remaining $12 tickets. Hope it helps a bit. I do know that I talked my best friend into going and he's bringing a lady friend, so that's 2 more in the house.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                            I may be in the minority but I think people are making too big of a deal whether this game sells out or not. This game will still draw a lot of people. Say 14,000+. That's still excellent attendance for a game; just look at attendance numbers for NCAA basketball last season. There are many neutral site court games that don't even come close to this.

The seats that are left are NOT the best for watching a game either. I hate missing games in person and would not pay $2 for one of the upper bowl seats when I could just watch it at home on a big screen, drink cheaper booze and sit on the couch. I don't fault anybody for not wanting to sit up there. I have tickets to Saturday's game but if they were not lower level, I would be staying home to watch.

And I don't think the NBA's exhibition game is a fair comparison. The NBA comes here once a year now and brings big names the Wichita crowd doesn't get to see on a regular basis if ever compared to Shocker basketball at Koch Arena.
                            I sat up there for the UAB game. We were 5 or 6 rows up roughly even with the baseline. I don't recall having any real gripes. I actually liked the viewing angle. I'd sit there again.

I think CKA has spoiled some folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I sat up there for the UAB game. We were 5 or 6 rows up roughly even with the baseline. I don't recall having any real gripes. I actually liked the viewing angle. I'd sit there again.

I think CKA has spoiled some folks.
                              100% agree.

IBA's upper bowl has a much more intimate feel and its seats are closer to the action than most other comparable NBA-type arenas. I chuckle every time someone calls them "nosebleeds" or refuses to sit in the upper bowl. How lame. Sit in the upper bowl in a place like Chesapeake, Sprint, or Pepsi Center then explain to me how you're too far away from the action at IBA.

It's pretty sad if the WSU game doesn't sell out because of this.
                              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• At this point, if someone has waited this long to buy a ticket they are probably just going to walk up at the game and buy it or maybe drive by the arena earlier that day and buy it. It's not like they need to go lock in their great $12 seat.

In other words, don't get bent out of shape and don't rely on the "trends" because the buying pattern is changing.
                                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Working...
                                X