No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know how the upper deck at IBA compares to other arenas but some people simply would do not care to sit up there and that's not limited to basketball games. I have had more than a few people tell me they will not go to any event at IBA if they have to sit in the upper arena.

Furthermore, if the game is on TV and not blacked out, a seat in on your cushy TV room couch/recliner on a big screen HDTV is pretty serious competition. Actually that sounds pretty good, but I would probably just fall asleep. I almost never fall asleep when I am at the games in person. Then there are those that will head out to their favorite sports bar.

Some folks just don't like change or trying something new. It's just one game. The point is it is really easy to justify and rationalize not making the game.

OTOH, those of us heading downtown Saturday do so primarily for one reason only - we love our Shocks. :poster_shocks:

14,000+ would be a nice crowd. Anything under that would be a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
      Well at least next time somebody complains they can't get a ticket and they should have raised the roof of Koch - the last several years of Iba attendance can be pointed at.
      I don't think you can draw a correlation. The IBA games have done a pretty good job of turning off a lot of core WSU fans, and season ticket holders are already spending thousands on their Koch seats. The incentive is lacking to some degree.

Isn't Koch essentially sold out, except for a tiny volume of scattered crummy seats plus whatever the students don't pick up? While I would agree that if Koch were suddenly 15K in capacity it would be interesting, I don't think an expansion of a couple thousand would present a supply-demand problem. If we have nearly 10K in season tickets sold for years on end like we have, then demand isn't somehow going to simply evaporate for tickets 10,507 to 12,500.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Furthermore, if the game is on TV and not blacked out, a seat in on your cushy TV room couch/recliner on a big screen HDTV is pretty serious competition.
        I can't give you a source or reference, but I recall a few years ago the NFL blaming attendance woes on the spreading advent of the HDTV. I think HDTV's have been a real problem for in-person attendance of a lot of different sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
          I can't give you a source or reference, but I recall a few years ago the NFL blaming attendance woes on the spreading advent of the HDTV. I think HDTV's have been a real problem for in-person attendance of a lot of different sports.
          The thing with the NFL is that it is also very expensive and time consuming as well. We really don't have those issues with the Tennessee game. Tickets are very reasonably priced in the upper bowl this year. But convenience and comfort are always an issue and, in some cases, those are the trump cards.

Comment

• I would much rather be at a game in person even if I have lousy seats then watch it live on TV. Now most games I do go home after the game and watch a replay on TV just to see what I missed. But there still is nothing like the excitment of actually being at an event. With DVRS and all of the recording options available today it is so easy to do both.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker3 View Post
              I would much rather be at a game in person even if I have lousy seats then watch it live on TV. Now most games I do go home after the game and watch a replay on TV just to see what I missed. But there still is nothing like the excitment of actually being at an event. With DVRS and all of the recording options available today it is so easy to do both.
              I agree as long as I have a strong rooting interest. That is pretty much limits me to Shocker athletics and the grandkids games. You would probably have to pay me to go to a Chiefs game and I would have to have a very good seat location.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                I agree as long as I have a strong rooting interest. That is pretty much limits me to Shocker athletics and the grandkids games. You would probably have to pay me to go to a Chiefs game and I would have to have a very good seat location.
                Actually I am the same. I attend very few athletic events that don't include Shockers and that is usually because I got free tickets.

Comment

• 14,000 fans in the seat will be impressive for a game starting at zero seats sold.

Comment

• New court for the game:

Comment

• That new court makes me happy, IBA's default court is pretty boring and bare. I think they should make K-State play on the Shocker court.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        New court for the game:

Seriously?

That's awesome!

Comment

• It was tweeted by the official GoShockers twitter account:

GoShockers ‏@GoShockers:
                          @INTRUSTarena basketball court gets a new look for Saturday's (Dec. 14) game; #WATCHUS downtown vs Tennessee @ 1pm. pic.twitter.com/Erk4RoTY5y

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
                            Seriously?

That's awesome!
                            It would be awesome. Except the wood grain... Just a little problem with scale on the wood grain.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              It would be awesome. Except the wood grain... Just a little problem with scale on the wood grain.
                              I want to say something clever in response to this but I have nothing.

Darn.
                              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                New court for the game:

Fixed this one too
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                                X