No announcement yet.

Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those wanting lower bowl seats they have released 4 more tickets in the first row of section 110 and 4 seats in the second row of section 109. These are $102 tickets. There are a total of 3,678 upper bowl tickets remaining: 259 are $22 and the rest are $12.

Comment

• If we get in range of the 15,004 seat capacity and record attendance (record that I believe OKC Thunder hold), I hope the IBA staff consider adding a chair in so that the hometown team can set a new record.

Comment

• seems to be a little momentum.....but probably need to pick a little more to be a sale-out

Capture.JPG

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
          For those wanting lower bowl seats they have released 4 more tickets in the first row of section 110 and 4 seats in the second row of section 109. These are $102 tickets. There are a total of 3,678 upper bowl tickets remaining: 259 are $22 and the rest are $12.
          The "new releases" always seem to get scooped up pretty fast, maybe there's a healthy sum of people that are waiting for lower bowl tickets and once they realize they're going to be unable to purchase any they'll settle for upper bowl tickets.

I was hoping for (probably optimistically) for <3k remaining after this weekend. Looks like we're not gonna come close to hitting that mark.

Comment

• ~3400 seats left. Only 140 are of the $22 variety.

Impressively, only 71 tickets remain on Stubhub.

I am very, very excited for this game. It is possible this is the only regular season tilt I can attend in Wichita this season.

Pundits and fans across the country are using this contest to see whether we are for real. Let's sell it out and make it loud, Shocker Nation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              ~3400 seats left. Only 140 are of the $22 variety.

Impressively, only 71 tickets remain on Stubhub.

I am very, very excited for this game. It is possible this is the only regular season tilt I can attend in Wichita this season.

Pundits and fans across the country are using this contest to see whether we are for real. Let's sell it out and make it loud, Shocker Nation!
              There were around 300 tickets on Stubhub a couple weeks ago...and surprisingly prime seats are selling for $200+ each. All those listings end on Wednesday so anyone hoping to snag a good seat is running out of time!

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                There were around 300 tickets on Stubhub a couple weeks ago...and surprisingly prime seats are selling for $200+ each. All those listings end on Wednesday so anyone hoping to snag a good seat is running out of time!
                Why do they end on Wednesday and not Saturday morning? I am surprised at that. The Stub-hub listings for games at Koch have been ending right before game time.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                  Why do they end on Wednesday and not Saturday morning? I am surprised at that. The Stub-hub listings for games at Koch have been ending right before game time.
                  Because WSU has a deal with Stubhub where users can plug in their barcode so tickets can be purchased and printed at home from Stubhub.... IBA has no such deal so the physical tickets have to be delivered. Stubhub requires 72 hours to ensure tickets get to buyer in time for the event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
                    Remember, big games tend to have good walkup crowds. If it gets down to 1500 before gameday then I think it will be a sellout. Some weather in the 40s would also help.
                    Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                    This is very true. I am very surprised at the number of people that I have talked to that think the Tennessee game is already sold out. I am not sure why anyone would think that but I certainly have run into a number of people who have told me that. I also have talked to several people who said they might go to the Tennessee game and haven't decided for sure yet (and obviously hadn't bought tickets yet). I do think there also are some people that have been holding out for a "group-on type special".
                    Looks like a 'heat wave' for Saturday!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• WstateU is correct, it will be seasonable on Saturday though a cold front will be coming through during the game cooling things down a little bit and change the winds around.

I still have a 4th row center court single ticket for sale......I'll sell it way cheaper than face value....
                      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Because WSU has a deal with Stubhub where users can plug in their barcode so tickets can be purchased and printed at home from Stubhub.... IBA has no such deal so the physical tickets have to be delivered. Stubhub requires 72 hours to ensure tickets get to buyer in time for the event.
                        That is surprising. You would think that the management company that the County pays very good money to run the arena, would be on top of modern technology. Actually mailing physical tickets seems so old fashioned and very expensive (to do it properly you need to mail via something with very good tracking and overnight delivery which means it is an expensive way to deliver tickets). Stub-hub is very much a part of today's way of getting (and getting rid of) tickets to events. It is hard for me to believe that SMG is not better on top of this.

Comment

• Just over 3200 tickets remain for the game. Only 47 $22 tickets left, all of the rest are of the $12 variety. They are going to have to average a little over 600 tickets sold per day to sell out. I remain cautiously optimistic.

And only 67 tickets remain on Stub Hub (there were 300 last week). They start at $22.

For comparison purposes, the Gonzaga game still has 3382 tickets left, 190 of which are in the lower bowl. That means they only have about 200 less tickets available than they had 2 weeks ago. Sales for that game have gone totally flat. Their tickets aren't selling on Stub Hub either, they still have 479 tickets available on Stub Hub. And they start at just $12.
                          Last edited by shox1989; December 10, 2013, 01:01 AM.

Comment

Wow. Not being from Wichita, I can't even wrap my head around this. It doesn't affect me, but no Stub hub at IBA is really dumb in my opinion.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                              Wow. Not being from Wichita, I can't even wrap my head around this. It doesn't affect me, but no Stub hub at IBA is really dumb in my opinion.
                              This Stub hub thing was so puzzling I checked the Stub hub site. Electronic tix can be purchased for both the Trans Siberian Orchestra and George Strait. The Tennessee game is UPS only. My guess is that the promoter is not allowing Stub hub printed tix, its not IBA.
                              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                This Stub hub thing was so puzzling I checked the Stub hub site. Electronic tix can be purchased for both the Trans Siberian Orchestra and George Strait. The Tennessee game is UPS only. My guess is that the promoter is not allowing Stub hub printed tix, its not IBA.
                                No promoter for this game as WSU is putting the game on.

Comment

Working...
                                X