Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Yep, probably should be used to it by now. You pay for convenience.

If it's worth it to you to make the drive down to get the tickets, go for it. Hopefully, you can get them on a planned trip down here anyway and not just to go get tickets. Otherwise you'd be only saving half on the fees with gas money spent.

And it's not all for credit card fees. Considering out-of-county residents didn't even have to pay a dime for the arena, I think you're getting a decent deal.. :good:
    We get to ICT often enough. Besides, my son is a student so I'll just send him down to the arena to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      We get to ICT often enough. Besides, my son is a student so I'll just send him down to the arena to get them.
      I got mine in person last Friday. But it is a no brainer for me, I live less than 2 miles from the arena. If I was more energetic I would just walk, but since parking is free (to buy tickets anyway) I drove.

BTW- There was a small line of people buying tickets for the Shocker-Tennessee game, I had to wait about 10 to 15 minutes.

Comment

I borrowed this from the other teams board (Yes, I plan on returning it later). They are discussing their OOC scheduling.

"TENNESSEE

Toughest: Battle 4 Atlantis (Nov. 28-30), (Dec. 14) at Wichita State
        Next toughest: at Xavier (Nov. 12), NC State (Dec. 18), Virginia (Dec. 30)
        The rest: USC Upstate (Nov. 16), The Citadel (Nov. 18), Tennessee State (Nov. 22), Tennessee Tech (Dec. 7), Morehead State (Dec. 23), Tusculum (Jan. 4)

Toughness scale (1-10): 8 -- Cuonzo Martin will guide one of the league’s -- and nation’s -- sleepers in 2013-14. Yes, the Vols could contend for the SEC title. But a win over something called Tusculum in early January won’t prove much. Ditto for matchups against The Citadel and USC Upstate. But the Vols could meet Kansas in the Battle 4 Atlantis title game. To get there, however, they’ll have to go through UTEP and then they’ll have to beat either Xavier or fellow sleeper Iowa. They’ll also travel to Xavier prior to the tournament. And it’s never easy to get a win over the Musketeers in Cincy. Virginia is stacked. And a road game against a Wichita State squad seeking revenge from a loss in Knoxville last season will be a major challenge for Martin’s program. "

Let's make this happen by filling IBA to the rafters!

A) Get a paper route
        B) Mow your neighbors yard
        C) Rake their leaves
        D) Walk their dog
        E) Steal their dog, collect the ransom
        F) Threaten the neighbors kid for his lunch money
        G) Sack groceries
        H) Wash dishes
        I) Short Facebook Stock

Little known factoid : " $9 Beer tastes way better when purchased with a $7/hour job "

Comment

After being available for one week to the general public, the Intrust site shows there are 7,132 tickets still available: 4,473 $12 tix, 1,780 $22 tix and 879 $27 tix (one $42 ticket remains available). There are 1,350 tickets still available in the lower bowl (all behind the baskets except for one ticket). It appears that they sold about 1,400 tickets to the public during the first week. With about 10 weeks to go before game time, they would only have to average selling 713 tickets a week to sell out.

Comment

That is definitely feasible. Look for a big push in ticket sales in the week before the game.
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Yes and your mother would suffice. :good::D
              Hahahahahahahaha ok Richard!

Comment

I got 7 tickets yesterday. There are still alot of good seats but there are also quite a few sections that are basically sold out.

Comment

Capture.JPG

Comment

Looks like we've already sold almost as many tickets as last year.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Looks like we've already sold almost as many tickets as last year.
                      15,000 seats - 6,604 remaining + hold back ??

= [8,396 sold -hold backs] << ~10,300 from last year.

But I suspect when they start advertising in November there will be more movement - I would hope.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                        15,000 seats - 6,604 remaining + hold back ??

= [8,396 sold -hold backs] << ~10,300 from last year.

But I suspect when they start advertising in November there will be more movement - I would hope.

With 8 weeks to go, they would have to sell an average of 826 tickets per week to achieve a sell out. That is still very doable. Once they start promoting this event, ticket sales should really start to take off. (They would only have to sell an average of about 238 tickets per week to beat last year's attendance.)

Comment

How well do Tennesee fans travel?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Crap that is a good question

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                              With 8 weeks to go, they would have to sell an average of 826 tickets per week to achieve a sell out. That is still very doable. Once they start promoting this event, ticket sales should really start to take off. (They would only have to sell an average of about 238 tickets per week to beat last year's attendance.)
                              All the remaining tickets are cheapies anyway. When we get off to a hot start, the fairweather folks and walkups will start eating up the remainder in pretty substantial quantities.

I expect this game to eventually sell out or come within a thousand seats of doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Tennessee football? Tennessee WOMEN's basketball? Could be a different story.

Tennessee men's basketball? Could be too small a sample size to judge, which may be your answer right there.

Comment

Working...
                                X