Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest Ticket in Town - NOT

I really figured that with BCS opponent, final 4 team (with huge expectations) there would be a hearty interest in the WSU-Tenn game. I guess not.

Next time you hear someone complaining about how they can't get tickets to a WSU game or they should have raised the roof - kick them square in the grapes.

Capture.JPG

There are still 2 months til the game. No need to panic just yet.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I would be very surprised if it sells out.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        I would be very surprised if it sells out.
        You're probably right. With such a large segment of the fanbase that must have their seats at the exact same angle and view as Koch, you can bet that most will stay home and listen to it on the radio (rabbit ears won't pick up ESPN2).
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          You're probably right. With such a large segment of the fanbase that must have their seats at the exact same angle and view as Koch, you can bet that most will stay home and listen to it on the radio (rabbit ears won't pick up ESPN2).
          Get over it. People were pissed and some had reason to. I had no business sitting in the 9th row, and there were long time season ticket holders who had much more value than me kicked to the upper bowl. Why shouldn't they be upset that they weren't rewarded? It had nothing to do with exact same seats. But you can keep harping on that if it makes you feel better. You seem to get off on it.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I plan on buying 5 tickets, just not rushing out to do so. I will get around to it over the next few weeks.

EDIT: I see blue is all seats and not upper seats, so only around 800 total.

Last two years the promoters had a few days of steep discounts did they not? Teach someone to wait to be rewarded and they will wait and be rewarded.

Comment

Exactly. The people that say that Koch doesn't sell out because most people think that it already is are kidding themselves.
              The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Get over it. People were pissed and some had reason to. I had no business sitting in the 9th row, and there were long time season ticket holders who had much more value than me kicked to the upper bowl. Why shouldn't they be upset that they weren't rewarded? It had nothing to do with exact same seats. But you can keep harping on that if it makes you feel better. You seem to get off on it.
                Me get over it? I'm not the one chiming in at every opportunity to knock the IBA game.

Get over the fact that games in WSU's hometown against BCS Top 20 opponents aren't going to sell out after coming off a Final Four, being televised on national tv, Coach telling everyone he likes playing there and it's a great recruiting tool?

I'll get over it when this fanbase starts walking, instead of just talking. Until then, this game will prove that we are a very mid-major fanbase.

And until someone wants to shut me up, or as you'd put it, "get off on it", with butts in seats, you're just going to have to deal with it.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I know a car dealer that has 8 or 10 seats at Koch. If he goes to Intrust (he won't) he might buy 2 or 4. Multiply that concept by however many corporate seats............I just don't see it happenin.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Exactly. The people that say that Koch doesn't sell out because most people think that it already is are kidding themselves.
                    Really? We know it doesn't sell out every game, but if you listen to the media, WSU plays in front of a sell out every single game. So it's easy to see why people may believe CKA is sold out all of the time. As far as this goes, it's two months away and people wait. And as has been pointed out, with all of the past discounts that have been given, you can't really fault people for waiting and trying to save some money. We don't have the worlds greatest economy right now and people look to save wherever they can. Some of you need to get a grasp on reality, you make it sound like they'll be playing in front of 5k.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If UT and WSU come into the game ranked, the game will be close to a sell out. And half these fans won't be WSU fans, they'll be residents of this fine city who will realize that there isn't much else to do so why not just take in a game.

Comment

Originally posted by Ta town View Post
                        I plan on buying 5 tickets, just not rushing out to do so. I will get around to it over the next few weeks.

EDIT: I see blue is all seats and not upper seats, so only around 800 total.

Last two years the promoters had a few days of steep discounts did they not? Teach someone to wait to be rewarded and they will wait and be rewarded.
                        His charts show seats open, not seats sold.

There are about 6,000 lower level seats and about 9,000 upper level seats (roughly). His numbers would conclude that about 4,500 or so seats have been sold. Unfortunately his numbers also don't show holds on many areas. So actually, there's about 3,700 or so that have been sold. Pretty stellar.

But I do expect to see it pick up later on. Not many are thinking about basketball in September so that I can understand. But it definitely is less than a stellar start.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Me get over it? I'm not the one chiming in at every opportunity to knock the IBA game.
                          Nobody has said that in this thread, but you chimed in anyway.

Get over the fact that games in WSU's hometown against BCS Top 20 opponents aren't going to sell out after coming off a Final Four, being televised on national tv, Coach telling everyone he likes playing there and it's a great recruiting tool?
                          Because it didn't sell out in a week it's completely hopeless?

I'll get over it when this fanbase starts walking, instead of just talking. Until then, this game will prove that we are a very mid-major fanbase.
                          Blah blah blah

And until someone wants to shut me up, or as you'd put it, "get off on it", with butts in seats, you're just going to have to deal with it.
                          Even if it does sell out, you won't change your tune and will continue to ***** about the next non sellout.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I know there are a lot of people mad at the WSU sports administration (including me and my wife) for several different reasons, but I do think it will sell out. The game against Tulsa was all but a sell out (WITHOUT coupons or discounts). A game against a BCS opponent WILL SELL OUT. For a lot of sports fans, it is college and pro football season right now and then there is the MLB about ready to start its post season.

Once college basketball season starts fans in these parts will get real excited about this game. It is arguably the best opponent the Shocks will face in Wichita this year. They will come. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Really? We know it doesn't sell out every game, but if you listen to the media, WSU plays in front of a sell out every single game. So it's easy to see why people may believe CKA is sold out all of the time. As far as this goes, it's two months away and people wait. And as has been pointed out, with all of the past discounts that have been given, you can't really fault people for waiting and trying to save some money. We don't have the worlds greatest economy right now and people look to save wherever they can. Some of you need to get a grasp on reality, you make it sound like they'll be playing in front of 5k.
                              $12 is sending you into economic despair?

Look Sub, I know you've had difficulties lately. Others have as well. But those aren't excuses that are made at Kentucky in Hillbillyville or Louisville in Bumpkinville, etc. If you want to be bragging about being a major program, well major programs are financed well and get support, no matter what the times.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X