No announcement yet.

2-2-08, CU vs WSU, refs were terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still have yet to see where anybody has blamed the loss on the refs. sine we are in the habit of calling people "stupid" around here maybe some people are to stupid to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      I still have yet to see where anybody has blamed the loss on the refs. sine we are in the habit of calling people "stupid" around here maybe some people are to stupid to read.
      You must have missed this:

Originally posted by newshock1234
      I think its funny people are saying the refs didnt cost us the game, but if they call a travel on that play, then most likely we win, so then yes the refs screwed up and cost us the game. Its just makes me so made, because are kids wanted to win this so bad and for a official to strip them away from that feeling,.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

I think its funny people are saying the refs didnt cost us the game, but if they call a travel on that play, then most likely we win, so then yes the refs screwed up and cost us the game. Its just makes me so made, because are kids wanted to win this so bad and for a official to strip them away from that feeling,.
        you're right I did. My apologies.

But thats just one person. So that in turn doesnt qualify as blaming the refs for the loss.

Now if it was 5-10 more then yeah we have issues

Comment

you're right I did. My apologies.

But thats just one person. So that in turn doesnt qualify as blaming the refs for the loss.

Now if it was 5-10 more then yeah we have issues
          You know 1 person on a message board really equals 1,000 people! Its science.
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Ok after calming down from the game last night (i just calmed down, i was that pissed), i guess the refs didnt cost us the game, but i still think with that call they still changed the game, but anyways i didnt even think in the 2nd half we played all that bad, Crieghton just hit some insane 3's. I think at one point they were 6 for 6 for the three point line. And most of them were contested. It just frustrates me so bad, i just cant wait til next year when we have the guns. Just think we are hanging with most teams and we only have 8 scholarship players, just think of what we are gonna do when we have Gregg Marshall recruits in town.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Ok after calming down from the game last night (i just calmed down, i was that pissed), i guess the refs didnt cost us the game, but i still think with that call they still changed the game, but anyways i didnt even think in the 2nd half we played all that bad, Crieghton just hit some insane 3's. I think at one point they were 6 for 6 for the three point line. And most of them were contested. It just frustrates me so bad, i just cant wait til next year when we have the guns. Just think we are hanging with most teams and we only have 8 scholarship players, just think of what we are gonna do when we have Gregg Marshall recruits in town.
              They did blow the call and could have changed the game. But they were playing outside of their head in the second half. We just couldnt answer.
              It was a great game to watch.

You know 1 person on a message board really equals 1,000 people! Its science.
              Come on you know Kansas dont believe in science! :D

Comment

They showed the replay of Gal's "charge" again on the 6 o'clock sports. I know it's all past now, but if you watch the replay, you can see the Creighton player slide to the right into Gal and take the flop. I guess it happened so fast that the ref had to make a split second decison and chose to call a charging foul instead of a blocking foul.

JMO.

Comment

I probably would have called a charge in the same situation

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                    They showed the replay of Gal's "charge" again on the 6 o'clock sports. I know it's all past now, but if you watch the replay, you can see the Creighton player slide to the right into Gal and take the flop. I guess it happened so fast that the ref had to make a split second decison and chose to call a charging foul instead of a blocking foul.

JMO.
                    It was a charge - he lowered his shoulder and was out of control. I've watched the replay about 50 times, and each time it's a charge.
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

You could see the charge coming from half court. Easy call.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I saw the slide also during the game replay. Anytime a player slides into the offense, they are not set to take a charge. The ref wasn't about to call a block in front of 15 or 16 thousand fans. Its called BlueJay home cooking baby! Like I said before, if you're going to beat Creighton in Omaha you have to blow them out to nullify all the home cooking calls.

Comment

How come the Shockers can only play 33-38 great minutes of a ball game but not a full 40?
                          Shocker Forever!!

Comment

Another thing I noticed after watching the replay again was the Creighton player's stance. His stance was with his back partly toward the camera, maybe at a 45° angle to the direction of Gal's drive. In other words, he wasn't directly in front of Gal.

I don't have a problem that the ref called it a charge. I think in another day and time and at a different location, it could have been called a blocking foul. That's just my opinion though and I thought there were equally questionable calls for both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
                              I saw the slide also during the game replay. Anytime a player slides into the offense, they are not set to take a charge. The ref wasn't about to call a block in front of 15 or 16 thousand fans. Its called BlueJay home cooking baby! Like I said before, if you're going to beat Creighton in Omaha you have to blow them out to nullify all the home cooking calls.
                              Maybe if Gal wasn't out of control and lowering his shoulder into the defensive player, it would have been called a block. It was a charge people, deal with it.
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I tend to avoid "it was the refs" threads, but I just watched the game.

The shot clock violation in the 40 seconds left range was the killer.

But, after that, there was a 3-step missed shot. Durley should have blocked out, so WSU still should have had the game. Then Marshall was trying to call a time out before Gal had the now infamous charge. Yeah, if you're out of control going to the hoop, you don't get the benefit of the doubt.

You would think that maybe one official would be aware of a bench time out call at that stage of the game.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X