No announcement yet.

2-2-08, CU vs WSU, refs were terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BA, I think I have said that before and it's equally disgusting as getting screwed in a loss.

Comment

Yes I recall the Syracuse win and a pretty favorable break at the end.

Comment

At least they made the correct call on Gal's charge... here's a review:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          At least they made the correct call on Gal's charge... here's a review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2jUYNimDnE
          no they didnt...
          i went back and watche dit on dvr like 4 times.
          the guy who took it, was on 1 foot. u cant take a charge on 1 foot.
          The refs had made that call before gal got down the court.
          they looked at marshall and said no timeouts fo ryou coach were calling a charge.

and the play where the ball went out on cousinard.... ont he freethrow.
          cous was saying he didn ttouch it.
          what was funny was none of the refs even saw it....
          the ref who called it looked at dane watts point down the court and then signaled.
          "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
          CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

here another fan that knows nothing about the rules of basketball. Yes, you can take a charge on one foot, as long as you've established legal guarding position, you can be moving backwards, forwards, side to side, doesn't matter. Says nothing in the rules about having to have both feet planted on the floor and not moving a muscle to take a charge. again, I didn't see the play, so I can't say if it was a charge or not, but people, let's not talk about rules that we don't know, it makes you guys sound uneducated and just plain stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
              here another fan that knows nothing about the rules of basketball. Yes, you can take a charge on one foot, as long as you've established legal guarding position, you can be moving backwards, forwards, side to side, doesn't matter. Says nothing in the rules about having to have both feet planted on the floor and not moving a muscle to take a charge. again, I didn't see the play, so I can't say if it was a charge or not, but people, let's not talk about rules that we don't know, it makes you guys sound uneducated and just plain stupid.
              I'm willing to give RipEmUpShox a mulligan... not sure what he was trying to say? I'd like to find one other person who didn't agree with the call in question. That was one of the most blatant charges I've seen.

When a player dribbles the full length of the court and then bowls over 3 defensive players, he deserves nothing but a charging call. I'm a big Gal fan, however this is about the 3rd time this year that I've seen him attempt to make a "hero" play. Instead it turns out a "goat" play... one that might be nominated for an ESPY award... The "Boneheaded" Play of the Year. Hopefully, Gal learned another valuable lesson tonight... this is a great year to be learning them. His overall play has been outstanding of late and this particular mental blunder (brain fart) will only make him better in the future.

As RDR and 1979Shocker have shown in their charts and graphs... Gal's stock is rising.
              :good:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

some people are just too stupid to understand that we blew a 15 point lead, I mean god forbid we blame our own players for losing, it HAS to be the officials fault. After all, that travel that they didn't call gave Creighton 16 points. it's sad how stupid some fans really are, and I deal with it every day as an official and a coach.
                some people are just too stupid to spell 'moot' correctly..
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

The game wasn't ultimately decided by the refs. But you can see through the course of the game how the calls tend to be going relative to seeing if a blatant foul is occurring. The calls definitely benefited CU this game. It seems like it always does up there. We did get some good whistles too.

The traveling miss was undeniably a key call late. Could we have played better down the stretch to avoid the situation in the first place? Yes. However, can you deny the fact that an obvious traveling call was missed and how it did have a possible impact on the outcome of the game? No.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

ShockerFanmas
                    actually I didn't see the play in question, but I never question another officials calls, it's just not right. Officials are supposed to stick together. I say if it was a no-call, then there is a reason the official didn't call it. Or maybe it wasn't even a travel, ......
                    It's thinking like this that erodes the integrity of all professions. I suggest
                    that this attitude is reprehensible.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I thought as well. What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong. Anyway, the charge at the endon Gal looks obvious on TV. What's worse, I anticipated it it. Gal's decision making in that situation is dismal once again. Like I said before, kinda ruined an otherwise stellar game by him.

Comment

but I never question another officials calls, it's just not right. Officials are supposed to stick together.
                        So is it some kind of union or something ? If an official makes an obvious bad call (and I realize that zebras are human so it happens) and then another and another, what do you do then? Pretend it didn't happen ?

We didn't lose the game because of officiating. We have no depth. Bottom line !!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. We blew the lead, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I get it. But let me ask you a question. How many times have we come back from a huge deficit, only to get close and run out of gas? Well, I'd just like to say that CU was running out of gas. The difference is that when the Shox get close, there ain't never any little nudge on our A$$ by any 3rd parties to get our stinking butts over the wall, and there never will be. If the roles were reversed, the Shox wouldn't be finding these little nuggets to tip the scales.

So, yeah, the refs didn't put the ball in the hole when CU was throwing it up from everywhere, that was God's doing (can't ever count him out against CU). But just seems to me that it's a lot easier to not run out of gas, when certain people just can't see who's hand last touched that rebound, for a split second, forget how many steps you actually get, forget that goal tending can be called on the offense, it takes 2 players with possession at the same time to have a jump ball, etc, etc, etc.
                          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I cannot agree with his statement about never questioning an official. It was a travel and all 3 missed it. Now, if I'm working with a guy who blows a call or two I'm not gonna throw him under the bus and tell the coach that he's an idiot. But afterwards I might talk to him about it. And I'll definitely be calling up my brother to talk about the game and who I worked with and how it went and what I thought.

Officials talk all the time to other officials and criticize calls and judgement by others. We may not always name the official in question although there are a few out there that every official has a story about and nobody wants to work with.

And no, 99% of the time the officials don't decide the game. One less turnover or a couple of FTs or made layups or whatever can decide the game. But I'll admit that doesn't mean that a couple of calls here or there can't have some effect on the game, how it's played, and who's doing what.

This game mostly came down to the great shooting from behind the arc of CU. They came up with some huge shots and just couldn't miss.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's all my fault! I obviously must have pissed off a number of refs in my mispent youth. After having studied the problem for many, many years of watching sports, I have come to this conclusion.

It doesn't matter what sport or what team I am pulling for to win. Those blasted refs/umpires in baseball, football, basketball, and even tiddlywinks have been paid off just to screw the team I'm rooting for.

That's it, plain and simple. Next year, I'm going to root from CU.

Comment

Since I spoke up about the refs and the T on Marshall that I thought cost us the game at our place, I had better add something here. I am going to disagree with some of you. I don't think the refs cost WSU the game last night.

WSU hit for 2 3-pointers last night in I think 14 attempts. Somewhere around the time you get to 2-10, you have to be smart enough to STOP TAKING SHOTS YOU DON'T MAKE.

If JT hadn't gone in for the block and had boxed out Watts, Creighton wouldn't have scored the basket that gave them the lead.

If Gal had not gotten called for a charge, maybe he could have pulled the ball back out and ran a play.

These are three reasons why WSU cost itself the game and not the refs.

I thought the T against Marshall at our place and the non-call against Stennett had an impact on the game at our place. I don't think that happened last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X