2-2-08, CU vs WSU, refs were terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    .......uh.........it's MOOT point, and I think we win if they call traveling there. I guess whether that failure to make the proper call cost us the game or not may be open to interpitation. I think we win the game if the gutless ref makes that call.
    ...........uh.......... Maybe we win if we don't blow a 15 point lead. Did I miss something and that traveling call gave CU 17 extra points? If it did, then we'd have a beef with the officials. Otherwise, we do not.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Actually, we probably would have found another way to lose but I just wish we could have received the ever-popular make-up call where the other team gets screwed too. Because, as we have all seen in the world of refereeing, two wrongs does make it right.

Comment

I think its funny people are saying the refs didnt cost us the game, but if they call a travel on that play, then most likely we win, so then yes the refs screwed up and cost us the game. Its just makes me so made, because are kids wanted to win this so bad and for a official to strip them away from that feeling,.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
          I think its funny people are saying the refs didnt cost us the game, but if they call a travel on that play, then most likely we win, so then yes the refs screwed up and cost us the game. Its just makes me so made, because are kids wanted to win this so bad and for a official to strip them away from that feeling,.
          Would that play have mattered if we hadn't blown a big lead? Nope. It would have just been another play that nobody remembered and after the win, everyone would be saying "Those refs did a good job calling the game."
          -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
            Would that play have mattered if we hadn't blown a big lead? Nope. It would have just been another play that nobody remembered and after the win, everyone would be saying "Those refs did a good job calling the game."
            so what your saying if so they cut within 1 and the refs cant screw up for us?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Nope, none of that matters if we had better players who were confident in the system in which they play.

I just rather enjoy f'n with everyone over the refereeing. The next time that crew is on the floor for a WSU game, I'll be expecting that make-up call in the first 10 seconds of the game. I'm sure they wouldn't have it any other way either.

Comment

It's just a simple blame game that eventually comes down to what Gregg said in the locker room after the game.

Just one more play, one more rebound by one player, one fewer bad decision late.........

Any one of 15 things that doesn't break CU's way, including the no travel call, JT's missed FT, Gal's charge, Ramon gets a D board etc etc.

We'll get there guys..........have faith.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                  so what your saying if so they cut within 1 and the refs cant screw up for us?
                  WE BLEW A 15 POINT LEAD! Do you not realize that? How can you blame this game on the refs when that call means nothing if we hadn't already blown a huge lead? Seriously, quit trying to blame someone else, our team blew a huge lead and lost.
                  -- Yogi Berra

Comment

newshock, if you're not having some fun with this, you need to start. Right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
                      newshock, if you're not having some fun with this, you need to start. Right now.
                      I find it hilarious that people actually believe the ref's blew the game for us. I'm sitting here laughing at some of these posts blaming the refs for a traveling call that shouldn't have mattered because we shouldn't have put ourselves in that situation in the first place. Why is this so hard to comprehend!?!? :roll: I'm seriously done with this topic. Wow.
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by lilshock
                        Subgod, where did that pic of the cross come from?
                        I really don't remember. I've stumbled across some pics here and there and it was long enough ago I just don't recall where it came from.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

some people are just too stupid to understand that we blew a 15 point lead, I mean god forbid we blame our own players for losing, it HAS to be the officials fault. After all, that travel that they didn't call gave Creighton 16 points. it's sad how stupid some fans really are, and I deal with it every day as an official and a coach.

Comment

We probably all watched different games. As an official, surely you noticed that it was a horrible no-call. We certainly had other chances tho, agreed.

Comment

The fact this thread was made BEFORE the game even started should tell everyone something. Why can't we just go 1 loss without blaming the referees for it? Has anyone ever said "Wow, the refs really blew that win for us."

Ok, that was the last one. - OUT
                              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

actually I didn't see the play in question, but I never question another officials calls, it's just not right. Officials are supposed to stick together. I say if it was a no-call, then there is a reason the official didn't call it. Or maybe it wasn't even a travel, because there's a lot of things fans think is a travel that really isn't. Anyways, it doesn't matter, the fact is the Shockers blew yet another lead.

Comment

Working...
                                X