No announcement yet.

2-2-08, CU vs WSU, refs were terrible!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread was too right. Screw Creighton.
    Wichita State-4 MVC All Sports titles in a row!

Comment

Refs didn't hurt us until that no-call on the travel at the end.

Comment

As far as this game goes I would say that it was the no calls that Creighton got. Right before Gal got stripped of the ball JT got mugged. An no way did PJ even touch the guy. Just way too many no calls against Creighton and too many tic tacs against us. Its just home cooking that Creighton always gets, you have to blow them out or your not going to get the win.

Comment

Thanks for giving the game away Refs. I hate you all and hope you die of aids in a house fire.

Comment

no matter what you say.
            even if we gave up a lead.
            until about 2 mins when they called that ball out off coursinard.
            i wasnt blaming refs.
            Thats a travel 100 percvent of the time in the nba.
            even mike donahue has to call that a travel.
            if we had been back and forth the whole game.
            and were up 1 as we were before that no call.
            we get the ball back, we can win the game.
            by holding on to the ball for 17 seconds. and not taking a single shot.
            we call a time out get it up court.
            and hold on to the ball we win.
            that simple.
            that was one of the worst calls ive literally ever seen.
            we were up 1 its CUs last posession refs are doing anything they can to give CU a W.
            As long as we didnt turn the ball over there. we won the game after that travel.

that play(by the refs and the loudest mouth piece of trash in the valley) won the game for CU...
            "Coach Marshall,We will be at Creighton at least 15 hours in advance!"
            CGM--->"Hell yea, and we'll beat their ass."

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
              As far as this game goes I would say that it was the no calls that Creighton got. Right before Gal got stripped of the ball JT got mugged. An no way did PJ even touch the guy. Just way too many no calls against Creighton and too many tic tacs against us. Its just home cooking that Creighton always gets, you have to blow them out or your not going to get the win.
              I agree.

The biggest problem is that there were two different games being called out there. There was "what is a foul when the Shockers do it" and "what is a foul when CU does it."

The problem was less with specific calls (although there were a few that I could mention) as it was with the fact that a Shocker player and a CU player could do the same exact thing and it would be a foul against WSU, but not against CU. If neither had been fouls, that would be fine. If both had been fouls, that would be fine.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

What make-up call did we receive in exhange for the traveling call that was missed?

Comment

None. Yet another inconsistently called game with CU being the benefactor.

But our kids showed an awful lot of heart tonight.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Are we seriously blaming a blown lead of 12 points on the refs?
                    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929

...by the way it was 15.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Originally posted by BA2929

...by the way it was 15.

T

...8)
                        Thanks for the reminder..... I must have blacked out at the end of the game. Not everything has came back yet. :(
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching."
                        -- Yogi Berra

Comment

We simply should have played better down the stretch. At least we could have bought another 5 minutes in which the refs could have reimbursed us for the traveling violation. Instead, we let it go un accounted for. Shame on us.

Comment

I know it's a mute point, because fans just don't get it, but officials DO NOT, and NEVER WILL cost a team a game. Here is my perspective: When WSU goes a game without committing a turnover, makes every single shot, layup, free throws, plays perfect defense, doesn't allow a layup or a three pointer, and after doing all that, still loses, then and only then should we even think about blaming an official. In other words, it'll never happen. Our coach isn't perfect, our players aren't perfect, officials aren't perfect. Get over it, it's part of sports, you win some you lose some. Even when I do see a bad call, I don't say anything, because I know it's part of the game. Like I said, this is a mute point, because fans will never get it, so I don't know why people even try, I can just hope that one day our fans will grow up and realize that we are not losing games because of the officials, we are losing games because we're simply just not good enough.

Comment

.......uh.........it's MOOT point, and I think we win if they call traveling there. I guess whether that failure to make the proper call cost us the game or not may be open to interpitation. I think we win the game if the gutless ref makes that call.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
                                I know it's a mute point, because fans just don't get it, but officials DO NOT, and NEVER WILL cost a team a game. Here is my perspective: When WSU goes a game without committing a turnover, makes every single shot, layup, free throws, plays perfect defense, doesn't allow a layup or a three pointer, and after doing all that, still loses, then and only then should we even think about blaming an official. In other words, it'll never happen. Our coach isn't perfect, our players aren't perfect, officials aren't perfect. Get over it, it's part of sports, you win some you lose some. Even when I do see a bad call, I don't say anything, because I know it's part of the game. Like I said, this is a mute point, because fans will never get it, so I don't know why people even try, I can just hope that one day our fans will grow up and realize that we are not losing games because of the officials, we are losing games because we're simply just not good enough.

Translation:

Blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah. I got mad a long time ago and I'm just bitter blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblah.

Blahbalhblahblahwesuckblah.

Comment

Working...
                                X