NCAA Basketball Attendance 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    You forgot about the very important sports called spring football and football recruiting.
    Oh, and you can't forget NLOI day.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

If UNL built a 16K house and sold it out on season tickets, that doesn't bode well for Creighton. CU did really well having UNL fans attend CU basketball games because (for all practical purposes) UNL did not have a basketball team they couold cheer for.

If there's an extra 10K going to UNL games next year, tht could be 8K not attending CU games.

After Wookie, Jr. graduates, Wookie, Sr. is going to have to up his game in both recruiting and coaching, or 8K people in a 17K facility is not going to be pretty. And how many of those 8K are going to be in the upper bowl nose bleed seats, which were sold last year for as low as $6, which was the handling fee for buying a ticket to an event at CU's rented facility.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

How in the holy hell did Nebraska sell out a 16,000 seat arena? That baffles me.

Comment

I seem to recall reading awhile back that the basketball season tickets at Nebraska were almost a give away ($100 or so for the season).

I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            How in the holy hell did Nebraska sell out a 16,000 seat arena? That baffles me.
            Looking at their site (huskers.com), I couldn't find out a lot of information. But I did find an article where the upper reserved seats were sold at the bargain price of $85 for 17 home games ($5 per game). There were 4,108 sold at that price. I couldn't find out any other price information about how much they sold the other tickets for (other than student tickets which cost $50 each).

Apparently they had a pre-sale setting an "aggressive goal to sell 11,000 season tickets" which would have been a record at UNL. Instead they sold out shortly after May 1, according to one article, increasing season ticket sales by 90% over last year.

They also reserved 1500 tickets for students which sold out at $50 each ($2.94 per game).

It sounds like it was a combination of expecting the team to be a little better this year and the excitement of a new arena that caused the surge in ticket sales. It sounds like it was mostly a case of build it and they will come (much like the Quiet center was for Cu).
            Last edited by shox1989; August 23, 2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

UNL will draw a lot of fans the first year. Once people realize they won't be selling beer attendance will drop. I'd say if creighton didn't sell beer the Clink wouldn't be as full either.

Comment

Working...
              X