NCAA Basketball Attendance 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
    What a tool - SF. Get over yourself and realize that the majority of Shocker Fans have no idea who you are, or that there is such thing as Shockernet. I believe WSU will do what's right by unveiling the banner when the majority of fans are in attendance, not just when Shockernetters are in attendance. I think there a number of us on here who believe a large number of those who have both attended and financially supported the Shockers for years will not be attending a midnight game, although they might give their tickets to friends. I believe you, sir (and I use the term VERY loosely) are in the large minority of most fans.
    No, Mr. Sexton. You assured everyone with 100% certainty that they weren't going to do it. Why are you backpedaling and saying "I believe..." now? Not so confident now?

Just because you can't or don't want to go to the game doesn't mean it's not or shouldn't happen.

I wouldn't have to be a tool if you didn't set yourself up to be a little peckerhead screw.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
      Sportscenter isn't going to be spending much time on college basketball as a whole at that time of the year. The NFL, MLB, college football and NBA all get more air time and all will be going in late October/early November.
      On a Tuesday? With that lineup?

Doubtful.

MLB? Huh?
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        On a Tuesday? With that lineup?

Doubtful.

MLB? Huh?
        The World Series will be over by that point so probably not MLB. Still, we are talking about a show that almost spent as much time on the Miami Heat as they did on all of college basketball. I'm in favor of dropping the banner on opening night but I also don't trust ESPN to give it the respect they should.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
          The World Series will be over by that point so probably not MLB. Still, we are talking about a show that almost spent as much time on the Miami Heat as they did on all of college basketball. I'm in favor of dropping the banner on opening night but I also don't trust ESPN to give it the respect they should.
          Well then when would they give it the respect it should? Only in March? And if they don't, so what? I think the opening game with national exposure is the best time to do it. And call me optimistic, but I'd like to think we'll have a sold out game that night, especially if they advertise that they'll be dropping the F4 banner.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
            Well then when would they give it the respect it should? Only in March? And if they don't, so what? I think the opening game with national exposure is the best time to do it. And call me optimistic, but I'd like to think we'll have a sold out game that night, especially if they advertise that they'll be dropping the F4 banner.
            I completely agree with you. I just wanted to bash ESPN a little bit. Can the season hurry up and get here so we can stop arguing about when to drop a F4 banner? The important thing is that WE'RE DROPPING A FINAL FOUR BANNER. If that happens against a D2 school I'm not going to complain too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
              What a tool - SF. Get over yourself and realize that the majority of Shocker Fans have no idea who you are, or that there is such thing as Shockernet. I believe WSU will do what's right by unveiling the banner when the majority of fans are in attendance, not just when Shockernetters are in attendance. I think there a number of us on here who believe a large number of those who have both attended and financially supported the Shockers for years will not be attending a midnight game, although they might give their tickets to friends. I believe you, sir (and I use the term VERY loosely) are in the large minority of most fans.
              You're gonna miss the dropping of the banner, dude.

Comment

Sometimes this place is like a really trashy reality show. The things people argue about are amusing and hilarious.

Getting heated over when they drop the Final Four banner is like getting heated over what day your paycheck arrives. Just be glad the Shockers have another one to drop.
                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
                  Sometimes this place is like a really trashy reality show. The things people argue about are amusing and hilarious.

Getting heated over when they drop the Final Four banner is like getting heated over what day your paycheck arrives. Just be glad the Shockers have another one to drop.
                  Welcome to the Carlos Danger Weiner Measuring Show.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post

I just thought it was funny that ShauxTime said with absolute certainty that it wasn't going to happen, like he is the AD or something. I now know it's likely because he won't be attending the game so he doesn't want it dropping for that game.

I can't wait to see what he calls me next.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                      Shockers in at #39, because, well, it can't change much. Behind Nebraska ahead of Pittsburgh.

#19 in all-game attendance.

MVC #8 in average conference attendance.
                      MVC #5 in average conference tourney attendance
                      SIU up 1700 per game with the hiring of Berruh.

There are various media stories circulating now.
                      The Shockers certainly won't move ahead of UNL this year. The City of Lincoln just opened up a new 16,000 seat basketball arena in the Haymarket area of Lincoln. UNL will be playing all of their home games there this year and they have already SOLD OUT the arena for the season.

That is pretty impressive considering that UNL basketball is something like 6th on the totem pole at Nebraska. FOOTBALL is by far number 1 but several other sports get more attention in Lincoln than mens' basketball including Volleyball, gymnastics, wrestling and baseball.

I guess it is another example of if you build it they will come (much like we saw with Creighton when Omaha build the Quiet Center).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                        The Shockers certainly won't move ahead of UNL this year. The City of Lincoln just opened up a new 16,000 seat basketball arena in the Haymarket area of Lincoln. UNL will be playing all of their home games there this year and they have already SOLD OUT the arena for the season.

That is pretty impressive considering that UNL basketball is something like 6th on the totem pole at Nebraska. FOOTBALL is by far number 1 but several other sports get more attention in Lincoln than mens' basketball including Volleyball, gymnastics, wrestling and baseball.

I guess it is another example of if you build it they will come (much like we saw with Creighton when Omaha build the Quiet Center).
                        Wrestling doesn't get any attention And I haven't heard anything about gymnastics in years. Baseball is getting less and less attention. Volleyball is moving into the Devaney Center, where basketball used to be played. They renovated the Devaney Center to be a volleyball-only arena. From what I've heard and read about in the paper, the "new" volleyball digs will be the nicest and largest in the country.

As far as their basketball program goes, they should also be vastly improved. Not only does Miles appear to be the real deal as far as a coach goes, this is the first time since I have lived in Nebraska, have they actually spent money on basketball. Not only do they have a new arena, but they have built the largest, flashiest practice facilities in the country and upped their recruiting budget. They are spending money like they are a real basketball program. I don't follow Nebraska basketball, but from the limited talk I've heard, they supposedly are going to be much improved. I don't like Nebraska basketball, but if you look at what they've done and committed to do over the last three our four years, you have to give them credit for seriously trying.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Well that makes our job harder. As CU bandwagoners leave in droves for Nebraska, we will have to come up with a new nickname for the quiet center. My only concern, though: what's quieter than a library?

Comment

With everything they've spent, I still don't see Nebraska being successful long-term. Their training facility was built by Neal Hawks, which caused his dad, Howard, to build Creighton a new basketball practice facility. Kind of funny, between the two of them,they just tossed $60 or so million into basketball in the state of Nebraska. Mind boggling money especially when you consider it's basketball- and in the state of Nebraska. I just don't see the ROI...
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                              Well that makes our job harder. As CU bandwagoners leave in droves for Nebraska, we will have to come up with a new nickname for the quiet center. My only concern, though: what's quieter than a library?
                              A morgue?
                              78-65

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                                You forgot about the very important sports called spring football and football recruiting.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X