No announcement yet.

NCAA Basketball Attendance 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scoreboard is similar to the new Michigan scoreboard except that WSU didn't opt for the top add on. I thought it might be due to the lack of height to allow a larger UM type scoreboard to fit. Now I'm curious if it was simply too heavy.

Comment

He's not heavy, He's my brother.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        He's not heavy, He's my brother.
        The load doesn't weigh me down.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          I sure hope they allowed for a couple of feet of snow and used WSU engineering graduates . :)
          Funny, I used to know a pretty good WSU fan and engineering student whose last name was Steele :)

He played a mean trombone and he played lead guitar in a hard rocking band when he wasn't busy adding blonde highlights to his brown hair. Its funny when you learn the identities of your Shockernet brethren.
          Someone I never suspected caught me the other day as well.

I suppose @Steeleshocker: may not be who I think he is, but I am suspicious...

Long live Portico 7. Hehe
          Last edited by Dave Stalwart; August 18, 2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Better make sure that roof is nice and sturdy.

I apologize in advance for this but it really had me laughing.

The Onion brings you all of the latest news, stories, photos, videos and more from America's finest news source.

:)

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
              The load doesn't weigh me down.
              It's not the load; it's the weight. Just ask Robbie Robertson.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

So who we playin' the night we hang the Final Four banner? The place should be juiced for that one! I know I'm going to begin celebrating hours before tipoff.

Comment

Hopefully we hang it during the midnight game and not the season opener against the D2 team that's likely to happen since we can't find anyone to play us in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                    Hopefully we hang it during the midnight game and not the season opener against the D2 team that's likely to happen since we can't find anyone to play us in Dallas.
                    I hope that whenever we hang it we can have a high level recruit or two in the house.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 19, 2013, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
                      Nope.

According to Mr. Sexton.errrrr...ShauxTime, that will not be happening. There is no way they would waste a game to drop a banner for that dad nabbit midnight hour on national tv.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

What a tool - SF. Get over yourself and realize that the majority of Shocker Fans have no idea who you are, or that there is such thing as Shockernet. I believe WSU will do what's right by unveiling the banner when the majority of fans are in attendance, not just when Shockernetters are in attendance. I think there a number of us on here who believe a large number of those who have both attended and financially supported the Shockers for years will not be attending a midnight game, although they might give their tickets to friends. I believe you, sir (and I use the term VERY loosely) are in the large minority of most fans.

Comment

It has to be the Midnight Nat. TV game ,, because YOU know it will get run on Sports center highlights the rest of the day , and possibly more into the weekend depending on how well we perform. You don't waste a chance for that kind of exposure !!!
                          From the road I listen (Tune In radio) at home I watch ( season Ticks )

Comment

Sportscenter isn't going to be spending much time on college basketball as a whole at that time of the year. The NFL, MLB, college football and NBA all get more air time and all will be going in late October/early November.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                              Sportscenter isn't going to be spending much time on college basketball as a whole at that time of the year. The NFL, MLB, college football and NBA all get more air time and all will be going in late October/early November.
                              Top 25 teams always get their highlights on sports center, especially if it is last season's surprise final four participant in ESPN's own 24 hour season tipoff spectacular.
                              You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                                Maybe not Sportscenter, but every single half-time during that 24 hours will probably have a shot of the banner coming down. I also wouldn't be surprised if we got some highlights throughout the day with ESPN trying to promote the later Marathon games.

Speaking of the Tip-Off Marathon, this is my first time actually looking at the schedule and I think it's a bit of bull that they didn't stick us in the 10 PM slot and BYU/Stanford in the 12 AM slot. Whatever, at least we're on ESPN.

Comment

Working...
                                X