No announcement yet.

Sexton and the Athletic Department, a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting to see how defensive some people on this thread got with my comments.

I never mentioned any names, I prefer not to.

I do recall some past posts on other threads relative to the president of the university didn't have the guts to fire ADES because of his race.

Y'all can jump down my throat as much as you want, but I think making that sort of a comment, especially when looking at the present state of the athletic department suggests a reality gap or axe-grinding.

I'm not saying everyone ought to support him, that's a personal decision. I'm just saying if you feel he's such a poor performer and you can't back it up with facts, something is obvoiusly wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      I was merely mocking Fastbow, page 1, post #10.

"If someone disagrees with me, he must be a hater."

This is a standard tactic of one of the political parties.
      Yeah, that's not what I was saying at all. I get that not everyone has to like the guy. I just don't get WHY they don't. I am seeking to UNDERSTAND why people might not like him. If that's the message you got from my post, then there's nothing I can do for you because you have exactly zero interest in an honest conversation.

I like Sexton. I like Sexton because I see no reason not to like Sexton. Change my mind.
      Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
      Students > Alumni
      If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
      The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

It's pretty simple to me. If Gregg Marshall likes him, I like him. He's also making some very nice upgrades to Koch all while staying in the black financially. He is conservative but the Gene situation proved to me that he is willing to make the difficult decisions. I believe if a better conference becomes available he will make the call. I wouldn't have said this about 4 months ago.
        Professional gas passer.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
          Just curious how you know who has given and who hasn't, since this is an anonymous poll.
          It's anonymous?
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            It sure helps when the school's most profitable and prolific sport is riding on one of the biggest highs of its life. The hire that led to that high was made by a previous administration.

Give Sexton the Scott Thompson era and show me a multi-million SASO number and I would be very impressed.

Again, it's good that funds are being raised, but let's not pretend like there are other issues involved that help the process out immensely that aren't directly related to the current athletic director.
            Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
            Sure there are other issues involved, even the economy. Which by the way probably had a bigger impact the year before which was when the bio was written as it said Sexton was entering his 5th year (he's now completed 5 years). I fully agree Sexton hasn't had to pull the program out of the crapper, so we don't know how he do in those circumstances. Do you really want to know or would you rather have the athletic programs continue in their current direction. There is something to be said for the latter.
            Originally posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
            I'm not sure where you got the $3.1M figure, but I'm pretty sure it's a dated figure. The most recent fiscal year for SASO came in at roughly $4M. My source on that is the SASO office directly. I'm sure they'd tell you as well if you called and asked.
            I got the number from Sexton's bio on goshockers.com and yes, I knew the number was a year old (see above). So now, with your new figure that the SASO office gave you, that means that SASO donations increased by 25-30% over last year which was previous largest amount.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              Interesting to see how defensive some people on this thread got with my comments.

I never mentioned any names, I prefer not to.

I do recall some past posts on other threads relative to the president of the university didn't have the guts to fire ADES because of his race.

Y'all can jump down my throat as much as you want, but I think making that sort of a comment, especially when looking at the present state of the athletic department suggests a reality gap or axe-grinding.

I'm not saying everyone ought to support him, that's a personal decision. I'm just saying if you feel he's such a poor performer and you can't back it up with facts, something is obvoiusly wrong.
              Just stop. Seriously.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

How can a poll add up to almost 150%? Bogus CBS!!! Tell the truth don't make it up to get ratings.
                First a Baseball fan then a Volleyball fan and then I guess I follow the basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by shock10 View Post
                  How can a poll add up to almost 150%? Bogus CBS!!! Tell the truth don't make it up to get ratings.
                  It's a multi-selection poll. You can choose more than one option.
                  You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Fever, am I getting under your skin? You insult me and then you issue a veiled threat to me?

I don't recall being banned on this board, can you say the same?

I think your conduct certainly puts you close to violating the TOS.

But if you think that Sexton is bad, why insult me? I asked you to back up your assertions with facts, you can't.

By the way, I have just as much of a right to post here as you do, whether you feel that way or not.

Comment

Please stop digging, unless it is to bury the race card you seem to carry in your shirt pocket.
                      There are a plethora of reasons why some like ADES' performance and why others don't. Race has nothing to do with either position.

Comment

Veritas, I appreciate you being polite and respectful with me, however, I believe I made only one 'race card' post, so while I disagree about that part of your post, your observation certainly makes sense. Note I have been on this board for three years or so (i lurked and read for a year prior to getting an ID). I will chalk this up to something that happened prior to me following this

I will still maintain, however, that ADES has performed well in his capacity and will admit that I may not be aware of anything that occurred previously, as I do not live in Wichita and only read stories from the Eagle that others have linked to here.
                        Last edited by shocka khan; August 18, 2013, 02:11 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                          It's pretty simple to me. If Gregg Marshall likes him, I like him. He's also making some very nice upgrades to Koch all while staying in the black financially. He is conservative but the Gene situation proved to me that he is willing to make the difficult decisions. I believe if a better conference becomes available he will make the call. I wouldn't have said this about 4 months ago.
                          Agreed 100%. Kitty's AD looks and talks the part of a young progressive go-getter but he sure didn't seem to get a long with his bb coach. I for one do not believe an effective AD has to be the face of the university or an athletics department. A lot can be done privately behind the scenes. IMO ADES biggest job is to keep Marshall happy. He certainly has additional critical duties but that is the single most important job right now and from all indications he's doing just fine.

Comment

Working...
                          X