Sexton and the Athletic Department, a poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexton and the Athletic Department, a poll

What do you think of the Athletic Department's performance?

Multiple answers allowed.
    It doesn't matter b/c Sexton was a bad hire
    2.60%
    Sexton woke up on 3rd base and thought he hit a triple
    4.55%
    Even after 5 years, the jury is still out
    10.39%
    I continue to be concerned about the direction of the Athletic Dept
    3.25%
    He is doing a good job and much of the criticism has been over the top
    37.01%
    Sexton and the Athletic Dept are doing fine
    32.47%
    Sexton and the Athletic Dept are doing great
    9.74%
    Last edited by ABC; August 14, 2013, 10:01 AM.

I will say that he looked awful scruffy in the clip on TV last night. Needs to shave!
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Doing fine, but I think he thinks it's something that he has done.

Comment

Why make the poll public? Less feedback.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Too predictable.

ABC is getting his panties in a wad for an unknown reason again and now he has to validate himself with a public poll that doesn't even address any of the issues.

Of course, the Athletic Department overall is looking fine right now. That doesn't even begin to show what little things that might be problematic, the past failures, or the overall feel Eric Sexton provides.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Not having a dog in the fight, I voted for all of the above.

Edit, apparently, I missed the box for the last option. Count me in on that one too.
            Last edited by MoValley John; August 14, 2013, 01:56 PM.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Are we in NCAA trouble?
              Are we broke?
              Are there boosters burning him in effigy?
              Are our coaches discovering disconcerting similarities between their positions and the life of Fredrick Douglass?
              Are we doing constant press spin because he can't stop offending people?
              Has he absconded with the funds to buy a Caribbean island and style himself a dictator?

No?

Then we're doing fine.
              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
              Students > Alumni
              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Do we have anyone selling tickets outside the generally accepted method. Oh thats right that was the flagship that was doing that. Never mind.

Comment

D+ inching up to a C-
                  A lot of improvements and work to be done. WSU can do better, but it might be hard to match his loyalty. Should that make up for his shortcomings?

ABC, shining shoes and washin' cars again.

Comment

Ok, one thing I don't get, why all the hate for Sexton? It seems like ever since he was hired, he's gotten nothing but hate from a core group of posters here, and I really don't get it. Our athletic department isn't doing anything sketchy. We're not losing scads of money. He seems to have a nose for hiring coaches - although the baseball hire will be telling there. We're not getting national press for personality conflicts. What more does he have to do?
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

The Creighton .08 game was an issue to me.There's trepidation about our conference affiliation & seeding/ranking issues in basketball. And we need more tv exposure.
                      But lots of all conference championships lately. I hope baseball works out for the best & Gene gets his due.
                      Sexton didn't have the mess Schauss had. He needed to stay the course & not screw up just to make his mark.
                      Phi Alpha

Comment

I vote that this has been discussed by the same people too often to be interesting.
                        Originally posted by BleacherReport
                        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow View Post
                          Ok, one thing I don't get, why all the hate for Sexton? It seems like ever since he was hired, he's gotten nothing but hate from a core group of posters here, and I really don't get it. Our athletic department isn't doing anything sketchy. We're not losing scads of money. He seems to have a nose for hiring coaches - although the baseball hire will be telling there. We're not getting national press for personality conflicts. What more does he have to do?
                          I don't think there's been a lot of hate. Many were taking a wait and see approach as he had little to no experience when hired. One of the things he had on his side was an athletic department in great shape and running well. He didn't need to do much but keep it moving, which he seems to have done. But that doesn't do away with the concerns that some have on his ability to lead and do the things necessary to improve and grow what we have. The Butler hire will give us more in a few years, but some may still take "points" away because he held onto Gene as long as he did.

I think the only reason it may appear to be hate from some is because some like ABC have taken great offense to people not worshiping Sexton from day one. That irritated a lot of the wait and see posters who may come off more negative than they really are to spin things on ABC and others. I don't think anyone hates Sexton. The department has continued to do well but there are those who haven't seen anything from Sexton that tell them he's an absolute winner in this position.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            I don't think there's been a lot of hate. Many were taking a wait and see approach as he had little to no experience when hired. One of the things he had on his side was an athletic department in great shape and running well. He didn't need to do much but keep it moving, which he seems to have done. But that doesn't do away with the concerns that some have on his ability to lead and do the things necessary to improve and grow what we have. The Butler hire will give us more in a few years, but some may still take "points" away because he held onto Gene as long as he did.

I think the only reason it may appear to be hate from some is because some like ABC have taken great offense to people not worshiping Sexton from day one. That irritated a lot of the wait and see posters who may come off more negative than they really are to spin things on ABC and others. I don't think anyone hates Sexton. The department has continued to do well but there are those who haven't seen anything from Sexton that tell them he's an absolute winner in this position.
                            You love the strawman, Sub. Hardly worshipping Sexton, I thought that the criticism wasn't fair and he was being held to a standard that Schaus wasn't held to, for starters. Your response and others pretty much make my point.

Where injustice rears its ugly head on anonymous, sports message boards, I do what I can to rectify that injustice.

I wasn't sure where folks were so I thought a poll was in order. I'm not that surprised at the results.

Veritas, why the hate?

Comment

What strawman? Simply observations I've seen from watching this whole thing develop over the years on this board.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                              X