Toure Murry signed with the Knicks Summer Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
    I think the minimum NBA salary is around $500k.

You can do better than that in Europe, but it's not common, and I'm not sure anyone after one year of D-League ball gets better than that in Europe.
    Correct on the NBA deal. Under the new CBA, the league min is just a smidge under $500k. Nice just of change for a WSU grad even after the high taxes are taken out.

Overseas, the average is $65,000 but Toure would command well over that but very likely under $300,000-400,000 (taxes totally different and most times include housing) BUT who's complaining right? D-League average salary is in the $25,000 range.

After taxes, he could probably make more overseas but I think he likes being home in the states but you can't put a price on achieving your dream of playing in the NBA. I absolutely despise Spike Lee and the Knicks but am really hoping the Knicks (or anybody for that matter) signs him to a deal. WSU fans have been waiting a long time for a 4 year WSU player to make it into the league.
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
      Correct on the NBA deal. Under the new CBA, the league min is just a smidge under $500k. Nice just of change for a WSU grad even after the high taxes are taken out.

Overseas, the average is $65,000 but Toure would command well over that but very likely under $300,000-400,000 (taxes totally different and most times include housing) BUT who's complaining right? D-League average salary is in the $25,000 range.

After taxes, he could probably make more overseas but I think he likes being home in the states but you can't put a price on achieving your dream of playing in the NBA. I absolutely despise Spike Lee and the Knicks but am really hoping the Knicks (or anybody for that matter) signs him to a deal. WSU fans have been waiting a long time for a 4 year WSU player to make it into the league.
      Its only 500k if he makes the squad.

Comment

Is anybody else getting giddy for Toure's prospects? Can't wait!!
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Correct
          ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
            Would going to a NBA camp really keep him from getting a deal in Europe? I don't see it.
            Originally posted by BleacherReport
            Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Technically Toure could get a contract without a guaranteed spot on the roster. He would float up and down between the NBA and D League, depending on need. I believe that's what Mekel currently has.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Technically Toure could get a contract without a guaranteed spot on the roster. He would float up and down between the NBA and D League, depending on need. I believe that's what Mekel currently has.
                Gal's contract is guaranteed money though. His agent said he has $2.3 million guaranteed over three years. (Source: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/basketball/...gal-mekel.html)

Toure is just getting invited which doesn't guarantee him anything in regards to a money or a spot on the team. If Toure was getting some guaranteed money instead of the random 10 day call ups to the NBA and then regular D League money of $20-30,000 then I'm sure he'd likely sign. Likely a little more to it but that's the basic gist.
                ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

You're assuming there's no negotiating going on right now.

Comment

You're assuming there's no negotiating going on right now.
                    That's why I ended it with "Likely a little more to it but that's the basic gist."
                    ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

It's only my guess, but I expect Toure' is going to get guaranteed money from the Knicks. Only a hunch.

Comment

I saw him last Thursday. I should have asked... but I didnt want to be that guy

Comment

I really enjoyed the analysis of the three players (one is Toure) in this SB Nation blog article: http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...ler-c-j-leslie

When you read:

And that's it, really: he plays within himself. Make some three-pointers, run a bit of pick-and-roll, don't do too much. Murry isn't an explosive scorer or devastating shooter or wonderful ball-handler. He was an average offensive player at Summer League. But plays like the one above stood out because Murry didn't succumb to the 100mph rate of operations at Summer League.

The other side of the ball is where Murry excels, and it showed. Though he did foul too much and might have been a touch over-aggressive, his defensive instincts, particularly in one-on-one situations and extended ball pressure, were superb.
                          you can't help but thinking ... wait that's all HC3GM -- that's Shocker training 101 bay bay.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Murry is the same guy as when he played at WSU. He may not be the guy you want shooting the ball with the clock winding down, but you need him on the court. He does so many things right and is a fantastic rebounder for a guard.

Comment

Murry is the same guy as when he played at WSU. He may not be the guy you want shooting the ball with the clock winding down, but you need him on the court. He does so many things right and is a fantastic rebounder for a guard.
                              I bet MoST, Evansville and almost CU would beg to differ... at least for one season in 08-09' I believe. He beat the first two on game winner 3 balls, and he did the same thing to CU in St. Louis until the infamous 1.9 second play robbed him.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                                I bet MoST, Evansville and almost CU would beg to differ... at least for one season in 08-09' I believe. He beat the first two on game winner 3 balls, and he did the same thing to CU in St. Louis until the infamous 1.9 second play robbed him.
                                There are more examples of times you wish he hadn't had the ball in his hands at the end of a game. That's not to take anything away from the player Murry is and was, but he'd never be my first option to take that shot.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X