No announcement yet.

Toure Murry signed with the Knicks Summer Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toure had 5 points in 10 minutes in todays game. The rest of his stat line was empty, except for 1 turnover.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Just found this. Was posted yesterday. http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2013/07/t...icks-camp.html

Comment

If he would be third on the depth roster on a deep bench, I can see his hesitation. He tore it up in the D-League (well his team did anyway, I don't know about his individual stats), so he might have reasonably higher expectations for now.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          If he would be third on the depth roster on a deep bench, I can see his hesitation. He tore it up in the D-League (well his team did anyway, I don't know about his individual stats), so he might have reasonably higher expectations for now.
          I'm pretty sure the salary differential between a third string guy in the NBA and a starter in the D-League is massive.

If he's hesitating, hopefully it's because he has others interested. I would think he'd have a better shot at proving himself once he's on an NBA roster than in the D-League.
          Originally posted by BleacherReport
          Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
            I'm pretty sure the salary differential between a third string guy in the NBA and a starter in the D-League is massive.

If he's hesitating, hopefully it's because he has others interested.
            The hesitation definitely isn't between D-League or A-League. It's A-League - Knicks vs A-League - Other or A-League Knicks vs Foreign League Money. No doubt about it. I hope it's A-League - Other giving him some interest based on his performance with the D-League team.

Comment

From the article, "…his hesitance to accept the team's invitation suggests there are others who regard him highly. He could have an offer from an overseas team that involves guaranteed money that he's reluctant to pass up, though that's just my speculation."
              Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                From the article, "…his hesitance to accept the team's invitation suggests there are others who regard him highly. He could have an offer from an overseas team that involves guaranteed money that he's reluctant to pass up, though that's just my speculation."
                Let's hope it's more attractive looks from the NBA though!

Comment

Sounds like he is carefully weighing his options and is taking his time to make the right decision. I'm sure all of us are behind him no matter which direction he goes.

Comment

Regardless of Toure's choice, he is in a good place right now and stands to make a lot of money next year no matter where he plays. Major sports aren't just an American thing anymore.
                    MTXA = Mental Toughness Xtra Angry!!

>>> http://www.wheatshockers.com <<<

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      The hesitation definitely isn't between D-League or A-League. It's A-League - Knicks vs A-League - Other or A-League Knicks vs Foreign League Money. No doubt about it. I hope it's A-League - Other giving him some interest based on his performance with the D-League team.
                      I don't think the Knicks would be a bad place for him. It might be a third string role, but the Knicks don't have superstars at the point. Even if he starts in the #3 position, he can move up. He might make more money in Europe, but if the dream is the NBA ... gotta start somewhere.
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Toure wouldn't have played in the D League last year if he didn't have his sights on the NBA. I can't see him going to Europe when the NBA is the ultimate goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          Toure wouldn't have played in the D League last year if he didn't have his sights on the NBA. I can't see him going to Europe when the NBA is the ultimate goal.
                          Agreed. He could have made way more money in Europe last year, and chose to play in the D-League so he could make an NBA roster. I don't see him now choosing Europe right when he looks to have a spot on an NBA roster available.

Comment

Money, after a while, tends to scream at you very loudly.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                              Money, after a while, tends to scream at you very loudly.
                              I think the minimum NBA salary is around $500k.

You can do better than that in Europe, but it's not common, and I'm not sure anyone after one year of D-League ball gets better than that in Europe.

Comment

Things looking good for Toure

Comment

Working...
                                X